Cargo Van Is this crazy or what?

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just talked to a Progressive agent for a quote (liability and cargo), the answer left me speechless. $20,000 per year. Is there anyone paying that much?

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
that is insane! I am 25 years old, and they said age was the reason for such an outrages number.

Did they specify reason for it being so high?

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
that is insane! I am 25 years old, and they said age was the reason for such an outrages number.

Did they specify reason for it being so high?

Nope, they only said that's the price for the coverage that I'm asking for... as I mentioned above, that number left me speechless...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Something is wrong or you are not telling the whole story... Sorry. I have VOI confirmed insurance they CIS / progressive and even with a new van it would be a third of your quote
Don't shoot the messenger please just putting it out there

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Something is wrong or you are not telling the whole story... Sorry. I have VOI confirmed insurance they CIS / progressive and even with a new van it would be a third of your quote
Don't shoot the messenger please just putting it out there

OVM, I believe we talked already about this "wrong/not the whole story thing"... why would I hide something? It looks like they just want 20K from me per year. Few months ago they asked for the same amount for two vehicles and before that for four vehicles...

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Last year I got a quote for 2 vehicles one straight truck and one sprinter 14k a year for both, and that was just liability.

Credit score was the big thing for my quote im sure.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What they're telling you in a not subtle way is they don't want your business. For whatever reason.

You might be right, somebody else told me this before and the reason might be the fact that I cancelled the policy, then I came back, and cancelled again. And they hate to work that much on adding/cancelling policies...

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM, I believe we talked already about this "wrong/not the whole story thing"... why would I hide something? It looks like they just want 20K from me per year. Few months ago they asked for the same amount for two vehicles and before that for four vehicles...
Hey just being open in my thinking and Ian sorry if it was covered earlier no offense meant at all! Hope you find a solution!

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
How many accidents your vans had in the last 2-3 years?For some reasons they dont want you there... I have an o/o friend he had 2 accidends in the last 3 years,one major, one small ,he received the same rate....