Is there ANY phone that doesn't suck...?

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
...since my old, wonderful, missed Treo, that is?

When I signed on with TMobile, I got an LG G2X. It has some hardware-OS conflict that makes it lock up. I have missed work because of it. T-mo wouldn't do anything about it until I called to cancel my contract, and even then they said there's no guarantee the replacement phone wouldn't have the same OS.

So I cancel my contract and go with Verizon. I was hoping for a phone-let with a huge screen like the Note, but they don't carry anything like it, so I settle for the Razr Maxx, supposed to have a humongous battery, better screen, and better processor than the LG, and a newer OS, and soon to be updated to ICS. They had to order it.

Next day, I bump into a guy in Dexter who asks me about my phone, like he's looking for one. I tell him the problems with my G2X, and he shakes his had, says he recently got a Razr Maxx, and "it sucks." Seems there's a problem with the data connection dropping. "Great," I told him, that's what I just ordered."

Later, I bump into a guy with an interesting phone on his belt. I ask him about it, and he says it's a Droid X, immediately followed by "It sucks."

So what phone doesn't suck? Don't say iPhone, because I've had one, and it does. Blackberry sucks, too.

Want to stay with Android, but they apparently all suck.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
Samsung Galaxy Note is working great, when I stay near a major city. Get outside the city limits, and the coverage drops off like crazy.

My original Droid on Verizon is still a very well rounded device. I use it as a wifi hotspot with unlimited data, and I can actually tether the G Note to it and use VOIP or browse the web on the note when it has literally no service.

The DMaxx doesn't suck, the software it ships with is outdated, so just bear with it until the ICS update shows up.

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Still using the thunderbolt myself pretty decent phone, they have worked out most of the problems, every now and then the hotspot gives be trouble but a quick restart fixes that....

Good luck finding a good phone, I was hoping to get the razrmaxx next but we will have to see if they come out with anything else in the next few months.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Depends what you want it for. I'm going on 3 yrs with my iPhone without a hiccup. Never felt the need to upgrade i don't even have a computer in my truck. But to you they "suck". My wife has a Blackberry Torch. Find me a better email client than BB's. Oh, but they "suck".

Enjoy your mediocrity. : phonewarz:

robh2

Veteran Expediter
Had 2 iphones and never a problem. Miss them so much. Now, 2 androids and nothing but trouble out of both. The wifes has been replaced 3 times.

When contract is over, going back to iphone!!!!!!!

Robert

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When we switched from T-Mobile to Verizon I got one I don't recall and traded it a few days later for the HTC Thunderbolt and the extended battery for it. All these devices suck up huge amounts of power if you have everything turned on. I keep most of the gps and the wifi off except when I need it and then turn it off again asap. I can get a full day with a good bit of talking or two days with limited talking between charges.

I also have ATT and had an iPhone which was a great device. When it was up for renewal I switched to a Samsung Galaxy SII thinking having just the Droid system to use/learn would be a good idea. It's a nice device, very thin and light, and again with stuff powered off unless needed will give decent battery life. It's also a power hog with everything active.

That said, I'll be going back to the iPhone as soon as I have an upgrade available. It's a much more user friendly OS, at least in my opinion.

All that said, as a phone, they're mediocre at best. The fancier they get and the more non-phone stuff they put in them the worse the actual phones get. If I had my choice right now I'd get another iPhone.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm happy with my Droid X. The issues I had when I first got have been cured by rebooting it more frequently.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
The problem is you took the opinions of 2 guys that you know nothing about. They may not know that you need to restart your phone everyday or might be completely clueless as to how to use it. Take a look at the various websites that sell the phone you want and check the customer reviews out. You may not know the people online but you are usually dealing with people that have a better knowledge base.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums