Is it slow all over ???

vitaminchik

Seasoned Expediter
I am with a large straight loaded by fastexact, now expedite, kisel, jexpress, Nations direct, Bondar logistics. I use to be loaded right up after my rest time no problems. I don't know what is happening I am sitting three four days between loads and everybody around seems getting more desperate, something weird is going on just a month ago it was anyhow ok it is driving me to spit on expediting and forget it for life may the greedy large trucking companies fetch fed full.

vitaminchik

Seasoned Expediter
My 5ake it is horrible. I got out from ny city area for 1.25 and nothing else worked.
what's your take on the whole thing? Guys share don't keep silent may be we need industry wide sabotaging strike. No matter how many trucks new influx don't believe that sh ** we are being sabotaged on a large scale by trucking corps don't be little to believe otherwise. Don't believe. Do you see too many exoedite trucks camping do you see way more on parking lots waiting then before? Do you see any staggering more than before. NO absolutely not. This is not the case. It's the big business trying to choke the lesser. Look at brokers. Introduction of 80K bond and go from there

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Actually if memory serves me right on the egg example those are called loss leaders in the business. You mark down some products to cost or even below cost. That gets foot traffic in the store, people buy other items with higher markups creating a profit. I've giving up trying to figure out the van market but there is no doubt cheap haulers hurt us all.

Aren't vans used as loss leaders? I believe the over saturation has turned them into a tool being used to open doors to gain more profitable business. The rates get pushed down because the big companies are trying to use them to gain business and the all van companies are just trying to remain in business. The problem may not be an either or type of issue but one where everyone deserves the blame.

vitaminchik

Seasoned Expediter
I simply don't see a whopping more guys to have entered the business yes but not any critical mass by any means. This is different. It's not we choke each other it's the big corps

vitaminchik

Seasoned Expediter
I had three day stay in Chicago barely got out cause agreed to go Manhattan yes where not too many go with a straight and I don't want to keep doing that just not I am good at it but no. Now sitting on Lima Ohio 3rd day stuck it's pretty good place strategically you can spring in an direction. Pointless... I never had such tim in 4 years. I tell first time this bad in 4 years. This is unusual. This absolutely insanely is unusual

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Aren't vans used as loss leaders? I believe the over saturation has turned them into a tool being used to open doors to gain more profitable business. The rates get pushed down because the big companies are trying to use them to gain business and the all van companies are just trying to remain in business. The problem may not be an either or type of issue but one where everyone deserves the blame.
Yes there is a lot of pointing of fingers but as Xiggi said it's a tough nut to crack

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I am with a large straight loaded by fastexact, now expedite, kisel, jexpress, Nations direct, Bondar logistics. I use to be loaded right up after my rest time no problems. I don't know what is happening I am sitting three four days between loads and everybody around seems getting more desperate, something weird is going on just a month ago it was anyhow ok it is driving me to spit on expediting and forget it for life may the greedy large trucking companies fetch fed full.

Do you have your own authority? How do you run a regulated straight truck with multiple carriers?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dont get all the complaining, its expediting, its been the same way for years. One week feast the next famine. If you have not figured this out then maybe this business isnt for you. Take it when its good and save, save, save for when its not !!!!!

People vent nothings going to change that. If it was a good week then a bad week I would have no complaint but that's not what it is. Yes I save, save, save. It's just weird right now for who knows why.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
People vent nothings going to change that. If it was a good week then a bad week I would have no complaint but that's not what it is. Yes I save, save, save. It's just weird right now for who knows why.

You are one of the good ones who does what is needed and understands that sometimes there is no logical explanation for what goes on in this wonderful business we all chose to be in !!!

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I called it Economic Karma. The pay back sure is pain. Well..uh, unless you accumulated more good than bad, then you're fine.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lol, well heck, just got hit with economic karma, an 84 mi run...that is!

I'm going to give out to the homeless this weekend, May be next week 1200 mi run.

Reactions: in-Transit

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Sitting in Dayton tonight for an AM pu going to Chicagoland Sat. Resting up 4 next week. It will be crazy - you have 2 believe in the power of positive thinking!!!

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I'd trade you the sitting in Dayton as I would be home lol, but I'm in Birmingham after a paid move from New Orleans

vitaminchik

Seasoned Expediter
There is not one. Have you tried running for a good reputable single carrier !!!!!!!
Ran for two years for Brighton transport was loaded ok, not too busy by any means but not bad. but... cant forget it, all the abuse I went through... it is calm and peace the way I run now, these partners are not abusive they respect you being an owner op. I run not much. last year 59K miles and satisfied with it. Wife works anyways, and after I die will not take the money with me either. nobody did. Simply do not want to run for less than 1.50 for straight.