IRP Fees

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
New Jersey IRP billing for my truck covering 2008 which includes lower 48 states comes to $976.70.

Glad we don’t have 60 or 70 states no telling what they would charge?

nobb4u

Expert Expediter
Just curious do you license for Ontario? Just got my bill for IRP in NY and bill was just under $1100.00, but the amount that really stuck out was $275.00 for Ontario 25% of bill for one jurisdiction. The one which by the way I avoid at all cost. I think this is ridiculous and I am going to speak with my company which requires I be licensed in this providence, and tell them I am willing to incur the expense of trip permits for loads going there. I just can't justify the cost of this in an area I visited once last year for 60 miles; it is not worth it at all.

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
I don't include Canada when calculating IRP fees for plates just the lower 48.

Greg you heading back east again? Best to Terri.

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
irp pricing isnt just based on the number of states,but the miles you run in each state

Last year was the first time I registered a commerical truck so they used a formula for each state.

Like you said when I did it for this year they used my individual mileage for each state driven then formula for ones I didn't travel through.

They all want a piece of the pie.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
john,1st year ifta use their estimates for the states,you pay even if you dont go there,as long as that state is on your regestration.after that year irp uses actual mileage,this is how the rates are determined.also the more states you register for more your going to pay.