International 4300

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Need to know the good, the bad, and the ugly about this truck. Here are the specs.

Engine - international dt466e

Trans - Allison 2100hs 5 speed automatic

GVWR - 25,999 - 10,000 front, 17,500 rear I figure my final payload will be some where between 7000 and 9000 lbs.

Looking at an 07 to 09 with mileage between 200k and 300k.

26' Morgan box of which 7' will be used for a sleeper leaving 19' for cargo. My thoughts on that size is so we could get 2 rows of 5 - 45" pallets.

I am really leaning towards the International as there is a dealer close to home and have some connections there for maint/repairs.

Some have lift gates and some do not. At the straight truck level how many loads per year would you say you need a lift gate for on average?

Any help about any of these specs. would be greatly appreciated.

mugurpe

Seasoned Expediter
07-09 will be the EGR engine which is supposed to have major reliability issues, but those might be resolved at this point, not sure. The older DT466e's have good power, and I prefer the cab/driveability to an M2. I'd also recommend checking to see what turnaround times are on dealership repairs, a while ago the turnaround time was terrible because they had a yard full of broken EGR trucks, but it's been better lately.