Cargo Van Insurance rates

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just tried to get a reasonable quote from Progressive, but their numbers are totally aberrant... is there anyone paying $1,000+ per month?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just tried to get a reasonable quote from Progressive, but their numbers are totally aberrant... is there anyone paying $1,000+ per month?
I was quoted a rate last spring for $5700/yr. $1000 down and $500/month through Progressive.

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
I pay $3687 year van 100k cargo and 1 milllion liability roadside assistance and 25k medical payments.
your rates will vary depending on garage zip code credit rating years in bussiness etc.
I have class A cdl 10+ years no tickets or accidents. live in the boondocks.
have much of a deductible will also play a role.I have a 1k deductible

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I pay $3687 year van 100k cargo and 1 milllion liability roadside assistance and 25k medical payments.
your rates will vary depending on garage zip code credit rating years in bussiness etc.
I have class A cdl 10+ years no tickets or accidents. live in the boondocks.
have much of a deductible will also play a role.I have a 1k deductible
I have my CDL class A since March '95, no accidents, no tickets, good credit score, yet they want to rip me off...

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Mine is even less than crich's. In addition to what he mentioned that affects your rate is if you pay it all at once or not. Also don't forget the driving record. I saved about $800 a year by paying it all at once, instead of making monthly payments, and it helps a lot that I haven't had a ticket since 2000.

This is Progressive through CIS.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: hazmat

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Opel- don't you start a CIS is trying to rip me off thread, about every six months ?
Ask Turtle if you can qualify for a sticky.

Shelly and her crew have always done me right.

**Edit: and she's done right by the majority of people on here that have been fortunate enough to deal with her.

Reactions: Turtle

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Opel- don't you start a CIS is trying to rip me off thread, about every six months ?
Ask Turtle if you can qualify for a sticky.

Shelly and her crew have always done me right.

**Edit: and she's done right by the majority of people on here that have been fortunate enough to deal with her.
Would you be so kind and show me where I mentioned CIS in this thread? I even don't dare to call CIS since per our last call they asked me 20K per vehicle...

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Opel, There must be a reason or a miscommunication if your quotes are higher. You need to find out what it is that is causing it. Call CIS again and have them run another and question why it is high and figure out what is different from the others. It may be something nobody has control over.

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
The first time i got a quote from progressive thru cis was 24k per year....

More recent quote was 16k a year.

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Opel, There must be a reason or a miscommunication if your quotes are higher. You need to find out what it is that is causing it. Call CIS again and have them run another and question why it is high and figure out what is different from the others. It may be something nobody has control over.
Indeed, i was told my high rate was due to lack of cdl, young age and poor credit.

Jim Tropf II

Active Expediter
Carrier Management
We have units in our fleet ranging from around $3500/yr all the way up to nearly $10,000 through CIS (this is just what I have heard from different owner ops). Age, credit rating, and location are the major factors in pricing when it comes to Progressive. I am sure previous claims make a big difference as well.