INSURANCE FOR CARGO VAN!!!

kierowca24

Expert Expediter
Hi ...I'm looking for liability ,physical damage and motor cargo insurance for my cargo van.I receive only one quote for now from Northland Insurance for 11,000 per year.I think its to much money !!!
If anyone now where i can insure my van for less money?I need phone numbers,websites ,anything so i can get more info!!
I am o'o leased to carrier..

THANK YOU !!!:) :)

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
Hi there, one quick question. Why are you wanting cargo insurance? Do you plan on getting your own authority? Your carrier is responsible for cargo insurance as well as liability while under dispatch, including deadhead home. Does this make sense? Your carrier should offer leads on insurance companies that are familiar with what we do. Your local State Farm agent wouldn't have a clue how to insure you. It's been my experience that cargo vans pose a different problem than a straight truck would. There are agencies out there. Have you talked to the dealer that you bought your vehicle from or other expeditors? I hope this helps and doesn't make it more confusing. Good luck..

TryHoursRcrtr

Expert Expediter
Alot of the van drivers in our fleet using Marvin Johnson and Associates. From what I have been told, they are very reasonable. The ladies name is Kelly Duke 800-457-5255.
Christine

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Since we are talking insurance I will tell you that one of my trucks was backed into by a CRST truck in a TA while my driver was in the sleeper. The CRST driver tried to run but my driver stopped by quick thinking and the use of the CB and a couple of other truckers who witnessed it. That is not my point. AIG is the insurance group CRST told me would take care of everything. SO FAR THEY HAVE NOT RETURNED MY CALLS. Point is be careful with which company you choose. Looks like some of them may not be taking care of claims. If that turns out to be the case I will be sure to let you know.

raceman

Mrand Mrs

Expert Expediter
We had a horrible time finding insurance for our cargo van!!! Most insurance agencies don't really understand cargo van expediting and will quote the same rates as for semi's and trucks. We finally (after advice from this website) contacted the company we were signing with and asked who their other drivers went through for insurance. They gave us a name of an American Family insurance agent and he knew exactly what we needed. We switched all of our insurance over and with multi policy discounts we got $1mil coverage for about $1500/yr. Our agent is Nick in Waukesha, WI. His number is 262-547-4499. Even if this is not in your area, maybe he could set you up with someone who is.