Information

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi All, If any of you are interested I have available to you free of charge a 2012 income tax organizer, which comes in 2 part, Part 1 is for your individual information and any itemized deduction you are able to deduct, part 2 is for you trucking or any business entity that you would have.. A 16 page deduction listing of all that items that are deductible to you as a truck driver.Franklin Katz, ATP, PA, PB

Frank's Tax & Business Service

315 E. King St.

Kings Mountain, NC28086

704-739-4039

E-Mail: [email protected])

Web: www.prep.1040.com/frankstax

Circular 230Disclaimer

Circular230: To ensure compliance with the requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any tax advicecontained in our communication (including any attachments) was not intended orwritten to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding any taxpenalty or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party anytransaction or matter addressed herein.

Our advice in our communication is limited to the conclusions specifically setforth herein and is based on the completeness and accuracy of the facts andassumptions as stated. Our advice may consider tax authorities that are subjectto change, retroactively and/or prospectively. Such changes could affect thevalidity of our advice. Our advice will not be updated for subsequent changesor modifications to applicable law and regulations, or to the judicial andadministrative interpretations thereof.

Legally privileged and/or confidential information may be contained in ourcommunication; it is intended exclusively for the addressee. Opinions,conclusions and other information expressed in our communication are subject tothe terms and conditions expressed in the governing client engagement letter.If you are not the addressee (or designated representative) indicated in thismessage, you may not disclose, copy, or distribute this message to anyone.Action taken or omitted based on our communication is prohibited and may beunlawful.

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Due to some insurance issues my wife had to be hired as my loader/unloader and does get a 1099. Since she would have to be on the road with me to do the job is their a tax deduction for her similar to per diem?

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Due to some insurance issues my wife had to be hired as my loader/unloader and does get a 1099. Since she would have to be on the road with me to do the job is their a tax deduction for her similar to per diem?

I believe per diem is per person.

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi Pullld, Who issues the 1099 to her, is it the company you drive for or yourself, Bascally the per diem is for the driver(s), and not for helpers even though she drives with you, but does she drive the vehicle, if she does not have a CDL the per diem cannot be used as a deduction for her. Sorry, it is based on the driver, as I said before, and she must log in order to claim it. it the company pays her direct, then you can use the per diem, otherwise you cannot..[h=1]Franklin Katz, ATP, PA, PB[/h][h=1]Frank's Tax & Business Service[/h][h=1]315 E. King St.[/h][h=1]Kings Mountain, NC 28086[/h][h=1]704-739-4039 [/h][h=1]E-Mail: [email protected])[/h][h=1]Web: www.prep.1040.com/frankstax[/h][h=1]
Circular 230Disclaimer[/h]Circular230: To ensure compliance with the requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any tax advicecontained in our communication (including any attachments) was not intended orwritten to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding any taxpenalty or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party anytransaction or matter addressed herein.

Our advice in our communication is limited to the conclusions specifically setforth herein and is based on the completeness and accuracy of the facts andassumptions as stated. Our advice may consider tax authorities that are subjectto change, retroactively and/or prospectively. Such changes could affect thevalidity of our advice. Our advice will not be updated for subsequent changesor modifications to applicable law and regulations, or to the judicial andadministrative interpretations thereof.

Legally privileged and/or confidential information may be contained in ourcommunication; it is intended exclusively for the addressee. Opinions,conclusions and other information expressed in our communication are subject tothe terms and conditions expressed in the governing client engagement letter.If you are not the addressee (or designated representative) indicated in thismessage, you may not disclose, copy, or distribute this message to anyone.Action taken or omitted based on our communication is prohibited and may beunlawful.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Hi Pullld, Who issues the 1099 to her, is it the company you drive for or yourself, Bascally the per diem is for the driver(s), and not for helpers even though she drives with you, but does she drive the vehicle, if she does not have a CDL the per diem cannot be used as a deduction for her. Sorry, it is based on the driver, as I said before, and she must log in order to claim it. it the company pays her direct, then you can use the per diem, otherwise you cannot..

She does not drive but the company I drive for sends her the 1099. Is there some other deduction that could be used?

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
As long as she gets the 1099 from the company you can take the per diem on her Sch C only

paullud

Veteran Expediter
As long as she gets the 1099 from the company you can take the per diem on her Sch C only

Could you please explain that a little further? Pretend you are talking to a child. Can you do my state taxes in NY too if I use your services?

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Paullud, Could you please explain that a little further? Pretend you are talking to a child. Can you do my state taxes in NY too if I use your services? Yes I can do your taxes in NY with no problem, I already have 3 NY trucker that I have done for the past 3 years. Now back to the Per diem, Since your wife receives a 1099 Misc. from the company she is entitled to the meal deduction only even though she is with you on the truck 24/7. The way that works in order to prove the meal allowance she must keep all meal receipts which she pays for, meaning she has to pay for all the meals herself and get a receipt, you cannot pay for her meals with yours. Her allowance is $46.00 per day subject to 50% of the total, in other words she would receive a deduction of $23.00 per day as a meal deduction. the reason she is not entitled to the Regular transportation deduction is because she does not drive. At least it is something for her because she is not subject to DOT regulations. [h=1]Franklin Katz, ATP, PA, PB[/h][h=1]Frank's Tax & Business Service[/h][h=1]315 E. King St.[/h][h=1]Kings Mountain, NC 28086[/h][h=1]704-739-4039 [/h][h=1]E-Mail: [email protected])[/h][h=1]Web: www.prep.1040.com/frankstax[/h][h=1]
Circular 230Disclaimer[/h]Circular230: To ensure compliance with the requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any tax advicecontained in our communication (including any attachments) was not intended orwritten to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding any taxpenalty or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party anytransaction or matter addressed herein.