Info on how to get started in expediting ?

snowman

Expert Expediter
Hi, I would be very greatful on any info on getting started,How to find a truck ? What kind of money I would need to get started ? How to find the best company to sign on with ? Or any companies hiring new drivers looking to get an idea or experience in this business. Any help would be greatly welcomed.

Thank You,

Snowman :)

rollnthunder

Expert Expediter
Well first off there are alot of companies that sign on straight truck o/o with no experience.If you go to the home page there is a drop down bar that gives a list of all the companies hiring.As for money that all depends on the company you sign on with and if they hold your first check.Remember you pay the fuel so you should really have a little bit of savings put away just for that.As for a truck its just depends on what you want to spend.My first straight truck was a Western star.I highly recommend you get a Class 8 if you do buy a truck.I would also suggest you maybe drive with someone and see if you even like doing this.Me starting out i bought a truck and had couple of thousand in the bank for my initial startup.Hope this helps you some...

snowman

Expert Expediter
Hey thanks rollnthunder looks like a good place to start is to do some homework.

Thanks Again,

Snowman