Info about Lanstar

Vallery1999

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-01 AT 06:39PM (EDT)[/font][p]Looking for information on Landstar, and thier policies, and what anyone that works for them thinks. Any feedback would be great! Thanks! Any info on other companies would help also, CTX, Tri State, and Con-Way Now. Email @ aol.com

BigB

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
hey can't help with landstar.But i can tell you about con way.They want company driver's who own there on truck's.2
& half years ago we went to work for them there loads pay 107 a mile.every now & then $129 or 135 if your lucky.oh and dont f orget the dead head.Which they think is ok.400' maybe 500miles

crazy

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have been with LEA for 4 months. Let me tell you they are pretty slow:-(.I have a tandem axle truck and have been hauling sister company loads to make ends meet. I really like the company, but if they ain't got the freight what's the use. The express loads I have hauled have paid as a whole pretty good, but there just isn't enough of them to go around.

mikecop

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I had 10 good months with Landstar from March - October 2000; it came to a sudden halt, and I found another way to use my truck and my service. Landstar requires 6 months experience. They work through agents rather than central dispatch, which worked well once you got used to it. Make sure you have a cell phone plan which gives you lots of anytime/anyplace minutes.

Tristate rates are low because of all the GM, Ford, and Caterpillar business. Most of their loads paid $0.93, $0.98, $1.00, and $1.06 per mile. Their dispatch system was fair to the drivers. This is probably the best expediter for single drivers.

Conway had too much deadhead. If you went west of Chicago you needed to come back to Chicago for your next load.