INCOME 4 B-UNIT

G

WHAT IS INCOME 4 TEAM OR SOLO IN B-UNIT?
PS.ALL HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED!

G

Hi Mike. I know you are looking for solid information on earning power for a b-van,but there are so many variables in this equation that are hard to pin down. For example, are you going to buy a new vehicle, or a used one? Are you going to lease with a expedite company that is local, regional, or national? Do you have the financial resources to operate for at least 4-6 months untill you learn the ropes, while making low money because you don't have the experience to know where to be, and when?

Please don't think I am trying to discourage you, but this is a business that has many differences from what you may have done in a former life. The nature of expediting is it's unpredictability, and the fact that sometimes lady luck has her hand on your shoulder, and sometimes she will trip you up!! An other consideration is the idea of a team in a b-van. If you do this I hope you have a large amount of tolerance for the other person you will be living with, in a space smaller than most jail cells. Just trying to sleep two people in a van will make most relationships difficult, and even more so if one snores!!

The money question has so many possable answers, all of which vary with company, your home location, your willingness to stay out on the road, and even your family situation, eg: small children, child care, house sitting, so as you can see, there are no hard and fast answers. For each of us there is a magic number that represents a " good income", and it varies a great deal. I live in Canada, so my number is different from somone who might live in a rural part of the USA, and has a house that is paid for. Perhaps others on this forum will be able to give you a more definative answer, if you will offer more information about what you are planning on doing. Jim Bunting Field Editor Expeditersonline.com

G

Of course no one can predict future earnings,but you could expect to make a low of about $35,000 or better, a good income with a typical "B" van is probably around $50,000 a year depending on how long you're willing to stay out. This business is a case of being at the right place at the right time.I know of "B" drivers that have made over $90,000 but that's not very realistic,that's a very successful, lucky contractor.I am currently a BCO with Landstar Express America.I'm thinking seriously of going back to a straight truck simply because of access to much more freight,and many "B" loads go on straight trucks also. Good Luck in whatever you decide to do.