In the end, it's all good.

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
This is what ya call beefing at a higher level. Kinda like the baseball player who squaks cuz his buddy is making 2 million while he's only making one.

Anyway, I had this pick up that was one of those where ya go to the addy & find no one's there. Look at the bill to get a phone number & arrrrrrgh!!! there isn't one!!

This is a good sized building, with a fair amount of companies in it. I drive around it knocking on other doors. Most of ya's know the routine. Everyone points me back to the original suite I went to where no one was there. I call dispatch & while they call around I figure I'll drive around again. I luck out this time as this guy knows who might have my freight. This could have been avoided w/ a simple phone # on the freight bill.

40 minutes later I'm out of there. Not that 40 minutes is a long time in most cases, but the freight was a 2 part delivery w/ a plane waiting for it at the end. It should have been a 5 minute pick-up & out. I was supposed to have been on part 2 of this delivery in that time.

If anyone's thinkin "this guy waited 40 minutes, so what?" That would be my exact point in this post. In looking back on it it's a pretty nice situation when a 40 minute wait is something to think went wrong. I'm in my own home as I write this. I'm not sitting in my van wondering if I'll get a run to get me home or sit out over Thanksgiving weekend.

As for those sitting out in your truck a lot. Yea it's no fun. I've been there. I can feel for ya. At the same time, none of us are in Iraq getting shot at either. We all have a lot to be Thankful for. Sometimes we overlook it, but the simple fact that we live in the US or Canada means we have a better life than 90% of this world.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

Warmly,
Danny