in crossville TN

late4dinner

Seasoned Expediter
Maybe you folks get freight out of there. I'll just bet if you call your company they will tell you it is the greatest place to get freight.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Hey morningstar, I go there all the time....I drive a c/v for Panther and I pick up at the Dana Corporation there in Crossville. If you're bored there is a Walmart on exit 317 turn left if you are headed west on 40 and it's down about a mile. Also a few other things to do down there give me a pm and I'll give you the details if you want em. I've also picked up loads out of Cookeville and buisness doesn't usually start moving until 2 or 3pm their time....they are slow down there in the morning. My grandpa lives in Sparta not too far from there, and it seems as though I can always get freight out of there even when Knoxville and Nashville are full of vans....Not sure about the Straight trucks though....good luck:D

Last edited:

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Maybe you folks get freight out of there. I'll just bet if you call your company they will tell you it is the greatest place to get freight.

LOL . ummm yes they did.........

ok fallgator....... might go check that out...... im sick of eating at wendys.
i have a next exit book..... soo will look thru it.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
They have a Zaxby's by the Walmart if you haven't been there already. It's not bad. There's also a Captain D's (which is by Kroger off of 70W) and they have a Sonic just a little past the Walmart....Don't know about driving a straight truck to the Sonic though...guess it'd be interesting...:rolleyes:
A couple of small diners and a bakery outlet store. That's about it. Not much else there. Hmmm...funny....panther always tells me that everywhere is a great place to get freight....horse puckey i say....

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
We'd stop at a Sonic with our straight truck.......we'd just park out of the way and walk up to the door where the attendents go in and out and place our order like that. :)
I"m not a big fan of Sonic, but when the bride wants something specific, the old saying comes to mind.........."If mama isn't happy, NO-ONE is happy"!
In other words, "Yes dear, we can stop at Sonic"!! lol

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
They have a Zaxby's by the Walmart if you haven't been there already. It's not bad. There's also a Captain D's (which is by Kroger off of 70W) and they have a Sonic just a little past the Walmart....Don't know about driving a straight truck to the Sonic though...guess it'd be interesting...:rolleyes:
A couple of small diners and a bakery outlet store. That's about it. Not much else there. Hmmm...funny....panther always tells me that everywhere is a great place to get freight....horse puckey i say....

ok. i found wall world...... and a Ryans....... wooHOoo...... lol
sonic well ..... its ok but to me its just another fast food joint and i am trying to NOT eat that kinda stuff..... all the greese and fillers and artifical stuff..... omg.. its making my tummy feel green just thinking about it all........
now .. mc donalds....... i will get there coffee and love there salads..... ;)
well im still sitting here..... its been 24 hrsi been thinking of moving........ maybe to the north ... like ahhhhhhhhhh closer to lexington or nashville maybe.....

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Hope you didn't eat at Ryan's....I ate there two weeks ago and it sucked. It's nothing like the Golden Corral where I live. Did ya get anything out of there? I was thinking since Dana is one of the main places out there it may be slow cause of shutdowns and whatnot. I was in Cincy earlier today and was 8th out of 5 loads a day. I went back home....Maybe I'll get lucky and pull a load out of PA going away from vanville....:(