**Important - Please Read**

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Server Upgrade and Outage Notice

This Thursday, October 3 at around 9:30AM EDT ExpeditersOnline.com will be moving to a new web server.

Periodically we upgrade the server hardware to provide better service to our visitors and increase capacity. This upgrade is also in direct response to the data center relocation our old server.

We Expect:
Around 4-6 hours of downtime where all of EO, including Forums, Classifieds and the EO Job Applications System will be unavailable.

What This Means For You:
Well, first of all once the upgrade is complete you will experience even faster loading pages and increase in overall site security with our new firewall. However, there are going to be some EO visitors that will experience connectivity issues due to DNS Delay. Learn More...

We apologize for the downtime, but it’s required to migrate and will help us lessen the amount of lost posts, threads, classifieds and job submissions.

Questions? Call 888-862-9831

Thanks,
Team ExpeditersOnline.com

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Might be the most quietest...and stress free time the EO Staff will have had in quite some time......

I bet they just can't wait for the Down Time!!

:) :) :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I imagine some EO staff have never really paid much attention to the forum itself...the REAL work is in web site development and publications...they do not get a rest, in fact they'll be under pressure to get things up and running since On Time Media hosts 100's of other trucking sites...

Brisco

Expert Expediter
I imagine some EO staff have never really paid much attention to the forum itself...the REAL work is in web site development and publications...they do not get a rest, in fact they'll be under pressure to get things up and running since On Time Media hosts 100's of other trucking sites...

100's???

Awwww...........C'mon there OV........Hahahaha..........

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
1 fish 2 fish 3 fish...another fish, another fish, another fish....way Canadians count fish....LOL

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm picturing it like the end of the movie "Cable Guy", where the cable goes out and everyone sits there looking at each other, wondering what to do.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Down time should have been schedule from 5 to 9 pm when everyone who would normally be on ExpeditersOnLine.com, including the staff of On Time Media will be attending the EO University Workshop in Indianapolis. No one would have even noticed, nor been affected by such downtime, eh? Even the Yoopers, though not Canadian, would not have noticed.

Ya, you bet hosers!

:)

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Down time should have been schedule from 5 to 9 pm when everyone who would normally be on ExpeditersOnLine.com, including the staff of On Time Media will be attending the EO University Workshop in Indianapolis. No one would have even noticed, nor been affected by such downtime, eh? Even the Yoopers, though not Canadian, would not have noticed.

Ya, you bet hosers!

:)

The timing is rather off with everyone headed to Indy. I won't be able to go.... : ( It was actually a difficult call I had to make. In order for us to migrate a site the size and scope of EO is a huge under taking. It requires our in-house developer, our Server Admin in Pennsylvania and our Data Center techs in Texas to be in locked and loaded.

We'll be posting progress updates here:

https://www.facebook.com/expeditersonline

and

https://twitter.com/eo4me

Brisco

Expert Expediter
I think some went to that other site where they use bad words and things like that.....:rolleyes:

Hahaha......even with this Site being Shut Down for hours and hours (it was shut down again this morning for) they still can't get no more than the 4-5 members to Post over there.

Kinda Funny IMO...........and it's a Clear Example of how Boards have NO Life when there is NO enforcement of Certain Rules at Times. We all Gripe about certain Rules here, Mea Culpa included in that, but I would much rather be where wrongs can be righted no matter who's at fault and has to pay the price for their misdeeds. (Like being Labeled/Called an "N" word using racist by one of the Worst Board Racist Troll ALL these Boards have to deal with) :p