i'm thinking about buying a van

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
can anybody tell me about who's the best for vans looking at the high top Nissan talked with panther they didn't seem to interested

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
The hightop nissan is too short for this business IF you plan on staying out on the road and running your tail off...if you want to run locals, id stay go for it but not OTR...as far as who is putting vans on, more and more companies are moving away from them...now thats not to say they are gone, its just getting harder to find anyone taking new people on in vans...try Anne at Bolt...or the smaller to mid size carriers.....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Like chef said The Nissan is not ready for otr expedite. It has some growing pains to go through first. If you are going to invest that type of money there are far better choices on the market.

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
lets see 100k war while not as tall as sprinter taller than reg vans drove on aprox 100 miles in wind /interstate/back roads handled better than anything else i try ed same engine as in Titan p/u the only thing i see wished it was 3 foot longer

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Less size = less load options = less revenue. I would not pick it at this time. I think they will develop the product to be better for expedite, but the current configuration is not there yet.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
100,000 mile warranty is pretty much std in the industry now...even my chev has it....

You just heard from one of the best Company owners in the business...take him at face value...not only is the Nissan not there yet, CV's as a whole are not getting the freight they once were from the bigger carriers.....its going to bigger units....5 loads this week, 2 of them would have gone in a CV....and that is not abnormal anymore...Talk to Guido here on EO..ask him why his CV is sitting and for sale and he is now in a bigger unit...Ask Fallgator why he is now running as a team in a ST while his CV is sitting...and his CV isn't paid for....but it is sitting....

I really believe that from here on out, the CV is not going to make it as it has in the past...

Oh and yea I still own a CV and have a driver in it....its not doing even what I was doing in it just 3 months ago...but I am kicking az in the new Bigger Cargo Max....that can be bought for dang near the same price as the Nissan....

denny2010

Expert Expediter
i would go with chevy maxx...im saving my pennies, so one day i will. i like the overall options and the price isnt that bad. my choice is made, just need some $$$$$$$$$$$$.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Someone also posted on here they were getting like 14.5 mpg in one. Yuck!

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
i see the bad but dealership offers free oil changes for life and most of my freight has been cargo van loads lol get thar and here they sent that big monster here for this little box and most seem to be one piece anymore

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Enjoy.....But I have to ask, if you are already doing good with what you have (you must be if you are going to invest in a brand new van) why are you in the "recuriter forum" and what did you ask this for?

Desperado wrote:

can anybody tell me about who's the best for vans

That seems to indicate you are looking for a carrier that is BEST FOR VANS....Seems you are looking for something else..and you asked for advise...you got it, but it doesn;t fit what you wanted to hear....

Enjoy....

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
If I did not have my other C/Van on a regular run I don't know what it would be doing right now.

Todays market calls for larger vehicle's that are still under the 10K mode of operation. Cargo Max or Sprinter types. If your going to be in this business and want to succeed you ether keep up or get out.:cool:

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
can anybody tell me about who's the best for vans looking at the high top Nissan talked with panther they didn't seem to interested

PM your way...have I got the deal of a lifetime for YOU. Really.

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
but I'm doing them with a 24" box can't run them on van routing
and the fsc sucks for a straight truck and it would cut my payments in half

Last edited:

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
sprinter looks like a hole lot of mantance new one 50 k realy wouldn't want to trust used one I worked on a used car lot seen a lot of trade ins that ran great to the lot and that was about it