I'm looking for software that allows me to...

BHXpress

Active Expediter
Carrier Management
Does anybody know of any websites or software that would allow me to enter the current locations of our vans and when we see a load, to just put the PU zipcode and for the program to tell us distance from each van?

dalejrroks

Active Expediter
Do a google search on "fleet management maps" . I did and got a lot of results. Do not know if any them will fit the specifics you want but I am sure at least one will.

BHXpress

Active Expediter
Carrier Management
Thanks! I'll check that out. Sometimes you just don't know where to begin and how to begin searching for something.

dalejrroks

Active Expediter
Hope it helps. I have found that if you are trying to search for something on the internet it is best to not over think it to much. It's often the simplest question that will yield the best answers.

BHXpress

Active Expediter
Carrier Management
Thanks! I'll check that out. Sometimes you just don't know where to begin and how to begin searching for something.

BHXpress

Active Expediter
Carrier Management
I still haven't found what I'm looking for. I'm sure the higher end programs have this feature, but I'm just not seeing any of their descriptions explicitly say it.

BHXpress

Active Expediter
Carrier Management
*UPDATE*

I found Verizon Fleet Management Tracking Maps and one of the features is "Know at a glance which vehicles are closest to an address, customer or landmark"... Which sound precisely like what I'm looking for. But it's $30/month per vehicle which can quickly add up. I'm sure it's worth the money, but they offer a bunch of features that I wouldn't really utilize at this time. My quest for something similar to this, *but cheaper*, continues!

tknight

Veteran Expediter
try this app, courier exchange, just started using it, but it tracks all your trucks, and more.