If you have Verizon

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
show Verizon a pay stub and receive a 5% discount from your data portion of your bill... Due to a recent rule change it IS just that simple ....
Had Sally make me up a pay stub with Crossroads letterhead....:)

Reactions: Turtle and billg27

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sooooo, if you have a job and can pay you Verizon bill, and you can prove it, you get a 5% discount? Awesome! :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep just upgraded to the IPhone 6S as well
18 Gbs Plus 2 Gbs per month for as long as in Verizon also a new feature

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, well, last month I used 61.58 GB.

I'm on the old Nationwide Talk 900 plan, which gives me 900 talk minutes, but most of minutes are either to other Verizon customers or they are on my Friends and Family list, so I rarely use more than 100 billable minutes out of the 900. I also pay $10 a month for 1000 messages, but I've never gone over that amount. My unlimited data plan costs $49.99 (they raised it by $20 last fall to try and entice all the unlimited data plan users to switch to a tiered plan).

So, I pay $120 a month for all the minutes and messages I need, and all the data I want.

In order to keep my grandfathered unlimited data plan, I pay full price for my phones and $120 a month. They do have a 60g+2g plan, though. It's $450 a month. I could do that and save $500 on a phone! No brainer. :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Definitely a no brainer there. You watch movies using data? My 2 kids, wife and I sometimes come close to 20g.
Mostly I download movies and TV shows, which is the same amount of data, except that I can watch them again without using more data. There's about 10 TV shows I watch every week, so I download those, and I'll download about 3 or 4 movies a month.

I also have Amazon Prime so I'll watch a few shows and movies on there, mainly the Amazon Original series. And I'll watch something now and again over the internet that I've recorded on the Hopper DVR at home. I also have satellite TV in the van, with HBO, Starz and Encore, so I watch that sometimes. And there's YouTube videos that I'll watch.

Between all that and EO, it adds up. :D

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
Mostly I download movies and TV shows, which is the same amount of data, except that I can watch them again without using more data. There's about 10 TV shows I watch every week, so I download those, and I'll download about 3 or 4 movies a month.

I also have Amazon Prime so I'll watch a few shows and movies on there, mainly the Amazon Original series. And I'll watch something now and again over the internet that I've recorded on the Hopper DVR at home. I also have satellite TV in the van, with HBO, Starz and Encore, so I watch that sometimes. And there's YouTube videos that I'll watch.

When we had our class A 34' RV we had inmotion satellite tv. It was nice. I watch sports on iPad apps but no tv n general.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
We have Fox Sports Cincinnati on the Dish at home, so I use the satellite TV in the van primarily for watching Reds games.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Hey I seen new ads on Prime,,,Bosch has been renewed....:)