I75 southbound closed ky

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
If I were coming over on I-40 from Asheville heading up I-75 I'd be very tempted to use the wide-load routing and head up I-81 to Morristown and take 25E all the way up to Corbin.
Definitely. I use that route all the time. Other than a couple of small towns it is a pretty good ride.

jaxonviking

Expert Expediter
Electronic sign on I-75S near Covington, KY mentioned the freeway closure and said ALL COMMERCIAL VEHICLES must use the US-25E detour. I expect that with USDOT numbers on the van, this includes many of us.

However, Google Maps shows a short detour east from Williamsburg, KY get you to US-27, which will connect you to I-75 SW of Knoxville. Only a few miles further, though at least a half hour slower.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Electronic sign on I-75S near Covington, KY mentioned the freeway closure and said ALL COMMERCIAL VEHICLES must use the US-25E detour. I expect that with USDOT numbers on the van, this includes many of us.

However, Google Maps shows a short detour east from Williamsburg, KY get you to US-27, which will connect you to I-75 SW of Knoxville. Only a few miles further, though at least a half hour slower.
Nope your in a van. Run whatever detour you want.