I20 closed backed up for 60 + miles

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Well stuck here @ the loves in ranger tx ..arrived here yesterday around 4 pm. They say 20 is closed/backed up to Dallas ...that's 65 miles...yikes..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

GandJ

Active Expediter
It's a huge mess there. Been that way for days. We were coming up 35 from south Texas and stopped Friday at Hillsboro.20 was still a mess and the number of accidents were many. We went west from there Saturday to Abilene then north. Got around the mess to make our pickup. I don't recommend that for most...not a trip for the faint of heart or inexperienced. Stay safe.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
They always shut down Ranger Hill on I20 at ANY Hint of Ice................

One of the great things about being "Off The Road" for now is weather just like this..........

Thursday Night just as the first sign of Sleet Falling was happening.....I pulled my Truck into my Garage at my HOUSE. Here it is over 3 1/2 days later and I am Out again.......No Ticked Off Dispatcher......No Carrier that believes their Customers Freight is MORE Important than my Safety.......No putting my Life, Equipment, and Income Producer at Risk..........NO LOSS of Income either. Just means that I'll now sell 15-20 Office Suites in the next 2-3 days time instead of over a week or so....(IOW....Instead of putting $5K in my Pocket over the next week.....I'll do it in the next 2-3 Days).....:p