I want a Job, but Need Help/Advice

Jrusty

New Recruit
Driver
this thread is beyond off the rails...
what i dont get is when someone with a regular drivers license can drive a straight truck that has a 26 ft box and no air brakes and still conform to all the DOT guidelines for hours of service why buy a truck with air brakes. how heavy loads are you taking that it weighs more then 10k to 12k

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
this thread is beyond off the rails...
what i dont get is when someone with a regular drivers license can drive a straight truck that has a 26 ft box and no air brakes and still conform to all the DOT guidelines for hours of service why buy a truck with air brakes. how heavy loads are you taking that it weighs more then 10k to 12k

To comply with the HOS in one of those trucks you would need to sleep in a hotel every night. Those 26k trucks with 26 feet boxes do not have sleepers. I know, some build Texas style sleepers in their box, but that is not my cup of tea.

I've seen a few 26k straight trucks with sleepers, but they are not ideal. Only 16 foot boxes, and with this short box freight weight limit is about 8k lbs. If you would put a regular 22 feet box on this kind of truck you would be very limited on weight.

A truck with 33k gives me a 22 feet box, I can haul 12k lbs and I have a good size sleeper. For me this is the best compromise.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RoadTime