I remember when..........

NTHEWIND

Seasoned Expediter
I've read nearly all the current threads in here and had to chuckle to myself when I read about one drivers complaint about the minutes that he was on hold wait to talk to a dispatcher.
It is not my intention to flame that driver for the comment because he makes some good points in today's business environment. But like I said I had to chuckle to myself because

I remember when..........

Calling into dispatch using one 800 number (one line) for two dispatchers and about 80 drivers. All you would get was a busy signal. The only way to get threw was to keep redialing continually until someone hung up and before another driver got threw. This was not too bad until you got into places like Wyoming and you had to get an operator to dial the number for you. They would only dial it two times before they would tell you 'sorry the number is busy, try your call later' and hang up.

We could use a little lighten up here. So I invite everybody to tell a
I remember when story..............

DR W

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We were just laughing today when we mailed in our TripPak at how skinny the envelope is now that we do not have log sheets.

These skinny envelopes are just happening so they still feel funny to us.

Now to get to the point where we can fax the BOL's from within our trucks and not have to worry about TripPak

NTHEWIND

Seasoned Expediter
I remember before TRIP PAC's We would have to mail our papers threw the post office. We were only allowed to use the blue P.O. Boxes and not the drop off boxes at truck stops.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
The stories we have heard of not having a QC in the vehicle nor having cell phones in the vehicle always amaze me.

We sure have it pretty easy now compared the "Good Old Days".

We pay for it though in other ways as I do not think we have the camaraderie that so many of the drivers talk about how it used to be.