I LOVE MY GPS

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
I couldn't do my job without my GPS. Old age, short term memory, etc. What I like is the ability to determine the miles and time to the shipper. When the 32 miles listed on the load offer are actually 48 miles, for example. Those extra miles may decide whether you accept or decline a load due to excessive dead head or time to get to the shipper. The GPS can tell you how far away and how long you are to the Canadian/USA border. When you are on a long all nighter, the eta will determine how long a nap you may take. If you have to detour, or you miss a turn, it simply says it is re-calculating, and give you new directions. And best of all, when you make a wrong turn it simply re-calculates. It does not say something such as "You stupid dumb a.., if you would get your head out of your a.. and watch the fu..... road instead of the :censoredsign: in the red convertible showing her boobs to everybody you wouldn't get us lost". That is what I might hear from my female human, not GPS companion.
:+ :+

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
LEO,LEO!!!!!!!!! OldProf said "boobs"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I, for one, am shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I love my CoPilot too. I just received the latest version of CoPilot Truck Laptop9 and will be installing it in my laptop and my desktop shortly.

Rex

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Prof, any good copilot knows that if you're too old to check out the babes showing off, then you're too old to drive, too. Good to know you're still out there!;)