I just saw in the Exp Mag a page with Owners Truck

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Well that KW W-900 is just stunning.

I will openly admitt here that is the best looking Expeditor Truck I have ever seen. I thought mine was nice but WOW my hats off. If ever see this in a lot I will be sure to pull mine around back, and pull in nose first to hide it.

Obviously the Owner is quite successfull at this and also the rest of the trucks owners pictured.

The thought that crossed my mind though as I was critized for purchasing a new truck as a Newbee is how does one make more with a knock down beautiful truck as those pictured? The assumption I have come up with is you do not. And I include myself in that catagory. I have not made anymore with my truck vs if I would have purchased a used $35K truck and outfitted to my liking. (With that said being new and what I had looked at scared me to death to purchase some of the junk I saw). Now that I have the expierecne, I have succesfully purcahsed exactly what I am talking about a GREAT USED 27K truck and put a Generator on it and have only seen less than $4K in repairs in a year and half put into it. (No longer own it but still talk to the new owner)

So you really do not need that nice of a truck, but if you want one and have the $ I WILL CERTINALY BE ONE TO ADMIRE IT.... Congrats to all of those pictured in the book, very nice trucks and you have much to be proud of.

This is not meant in anyway to critize what one decides to spend ones $ on. Heck I have been critized for the house I own, its my $ and my choice we can easily afford it with the down payment I made (just an example) I can spend it where I want to if I have it.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
RE: I just saw in the Exp Mag a page with Owners T

That truck really is a nice truck. We have also followed the path you did with buying a new truck. We felt as new owners we needed the warranty and also peace of mind that our truck should not have many problems. Now with more miles under out belt and more experience we might buy used on our next truck. We are happy with our truck and the comfort we have in this truck. We knew when we purchased this truck that we would stay out for a long time and wanted the nice King Leisure sleeper. I think you need to pay some dues though before you can really purchase a truck with a "super sleeper". You need to know what your income stream will be and also how much risk you can stand. If all goes right some day we might have a truck like that or we might choose to stay close to what we all ready have and put more money in the bank. Time will tell!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

A nice new truck doesn't get paid any more than any other truck however it may make more money due to less down time for repairs. That certainly won't make the difference in original costs but potentially makes up a small amount of the difference.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Mudflap

Expert Expediter

I ran good used low mileage trucks up to this point, and am in my first new truck, it being expediter #3. The used trucks definitely had advantages, that being initial depreciation was gone, peyments were lower, and they were almost new. But unlike the new truck, they were not exactly the dream truck or exactly what I wanted. So those things have their price. Some constants remain the same, those being things like brakes and tires and the other items you replace during ownership regardless if you buy new or used, or even if the truck is paid off. But to be totally honest, none of my expediter trucks REALLY made a lot of money until they were paid off and I ran them without the payments for a few years. The FL 106 did very well at this as it was a durable truck that didn't break down a lot after being paid off, the FL 70 before it didn't fare so well at the game. Mudflap