I am curious

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I am curious---does anyone who has the new Ameriscan (Data Cold thing) have one that works like FedEx said they would? For example, anyone not have to send in temp tapes for pickup/delivery? Anyone not getting requests for temp readings? Anyone not getting out of range messages while in range? Anyone not asked about defrosts etc? Anyone not being charged more for having this wonder product?

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Although I can not believe I am going to actually write this.... I think it is worse now than it was before. (I did not think that was possible.):rolleyes:

We get these crazy messages sometimes that we are out of range by like 30 degrees! As if we would not notice this or have chosen to ignore this huge temp variation! LOL Then we call and talk with FedEx as we are instructed to do----then they speak to me as though I am lying to them about the temp range---LOL---:D

In fact, one time it happened and the dispatcher had me print a tape while driving at that momment and then address it to her for her to see! She did not believe me apparently.... LOL :D

I wonder if we were to call FedEx dispatch EVERY time we got one of these crazy messages telling us to if they would stop sending them or have the "glitches" in the computer rectified.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The Ameria Scan is basicaly the same as the Data Cold 500.

I Like the thing and it works just fine. I dont have a problem running the thing.

just remember 1 compartemnt and 4 probes.

set your parmenters correct. After you set them go out then come back in on 8 and recheck them and make sure compartment 2 is shut off. ok.

I have yet to have a problem with it and It runs the same way as the Old Data Cold 500. for those that had the Transcan Personaly I thought the transcan was Junk but there are a few of those that like it. Wintracs that to me was a combersom junky program as well. To me it was.
to much time Personaly I thought setting it up Plugging it in ect.
Peace.
Have a nice weekend.
Transporter.
Ameriscan is the Bomb (BEST)