I-94 sting this week. Heads up.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
What are they looking for on I 94 also from what states

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Article tells ya what states are involved. Guess they are looking to collect money in a hurry this week. All traffic laws should be enforced 24-7 for all traffic not just commercial vehicles and certainly not just for a week or several times a year.
What ever they are trying to prevent failed, currently have a 53ft all busted up and laying on its side on E/bound 94 @ exit 145. No details on wreck yet.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
After a mi run last night I know why they are doing this I saw more burnt out one eyed trucks and cars bad tail lights flapping tarps and speeders both cars and trucks than I've ever seen in a long time! It was pouring rain and it didn't slow them down a bit! It's no wonder winter pile ups are plenty up here

Reactions: RoadTime

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
After a mi run last night I know why they are doing this I saw more burnt out one eyed trucks and cars bad tail lights flapping tarps and speeders both cars and trucks than I've ever seen in a long time! It was pouring rain and it didn't slow them down a bit! It's no wonder winter pile ups are plenty up here

pure-michigan-ludington-united-states1152_12794242941-tpfil02aw-7026.jpg

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Crappy roads breed crappy drivers.
:D

I don't know about that. I would lean more towards a group of folks that feel they are entitled. Entitled society breeds crappy and disrespectful drivers.
Also lean towards what Knight is getting at, and I don't know what the survey says but it seems the number of big truck wrecks along I-94 has increased. I use to think truck drivers where a different breed when it came to courtesy, but not so much anymore. I don't know, maybe the industry is demanding more aggression on the hi-ways with tight schedules, bottlenecks, crappy roads etc etc.

Reactions: piper1 and ntimevan

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I don't know about that. I would lean more towards a group of folks that feel they are entitled. Entitled society breeds crappy and disrespectful drivers.
Also lean towards what Knight is getting at, and I don't know what the survey says but it seems the number of big truck wrecks along I-94 has increased. I use to think truck drivers where a different breed when it came to courtesy, but not so much anymore. I don't know, maybe the industry is demanding more aggression on the hi-ways with tight schedules, bottlenecks, crappy roads etc etc.
I agree with him..... just a poor attempt at sarcasm.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Here's part of the problem. IMO.

Michigan Senate OKs 75 mph speeds, local roads plan

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I think actually the safest on the road are the o/o of st8 expedite trucks as we seem to value our investments way more than the tt drivers whether o/o or company drivers. Seem almost every tt I see is passing me at a much higher rate of speed than I'm at and I'm always for the most part at the speed limit probably why I have 0 points on my dl and have for almost 40 years!