Husband and wife team

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Monthly obligations - 3,000 -3500. That is with the dump truck sitting out front not moving. Once it's sold, my obligations go down 1,000 a month.

With all the dump trucks I see speeding and driving recklessly I would think you'd not have trouble making money with it....... There seem to be a lot of dirt being moved!

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is only my thoughts on OTR. If I'm going to be on the road and away from home and the comfort of my couch, my bed, TV, my children and grandchildren, there should be compensation for that. Most people that drive OTR for weeks at a time, do it because 1) they love seeing the country and not being at a desk 2) the money is better than being at home working at the local mill(my guess). I just look at it as, if I'm only going to "get by", I'd be just as well off working local and just getting by. I thought this might be an chance to not only pay the bills, but build more $ towards retirement, or start college funds for the grand babies. I realize I am totally speaking out of my ass pertaining to expediting, but it just sounds like the money might not be what I thought or was told by "recruiters"

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is only my thoughts on OTR. If I'm going to be on the road and away from home and the comfort of my couch, my bed, TV, my children and grandchildren, there should be compensation for that. Most people that drive OTR for weeks at a time, do it because 1) they love seeing the country and not being at a desk 2) the money is better than being at home working at the local mill(my guess). I just look at it as, if I'm only going to "get by", I'd be just as well off working local and just getting by. I thought this might be an chance to not only pay the bills, but build more $ towards retirement, or start college funds for the grand babies. I realize I am totally speaking out of my ass pertaining to expediting, but it just sounds like the money might not be what I thought or was told by "recruiters"
pm me ill let u know what ive learned as a team and a solo with a large co.