Canada How to p/u in Canada and del. in USA

Stranded

Expert Expediter
Well, it looks like the other post on picking up in USA and delivering in Canada went ok. Thanks for all the help! It has taken the mystery out of crossing into Canada for me and i hope for others to.

RobA, can you (or anyone) please, following that checklist's format, post how to bring freight back into the USA for those of us who don't have a clue?

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>>RobA, can you (or anyone) please, following that checklist's
>format, post how to bring freight back into the USA for
>those of us who don't have a clue?

No Sir, I cannot!
Sorry; my expertise is north bound and with the US Customs people handing out $5000 fines for doing things wrong I'm not even going to try.

Trucker don

Expert Expediter
>>>RobA, can you (or anyone) please, following that checklist's
>>format, post how to bring freight back into the USA for
>>those of us who don't have a clue?
>
>
>
>No Sir, I cannot!
>Sorry; my expertise is north bound and with the US Customs
>people handing out $5000 fines for doing things wrong I'm
>not even going to try.

I do it all the time.

1. Fax all your custom paperwork to your broker.

a. PAPS sticker.

b. Get Filer code for the broker.

c. sticker inward cargo manifest, and custom paperwork, Fax to broker. Also make dupe for your references.

2. Call Broker to see if they got everything. If they say re-fax. Do it. Give them at least 3 hours. Call to verify that it's set up. Get a confirmation copy from fax machine.

Always call to verify it's set up before you cross. This way you will not have problems. Fax from Customer. If at a Border City like Windsor. Fax and then take a long coffee break. Go to Line 2 use sleeper berth. Once Broker has verified your ok. cross but wait at least an hour. This way it may be ready by broker but Custom may not have it in their computer yet.

If you have a fast card. Just use the line release and cross but first, fill out your inward cargo. For Peace Bridge, Lewiston and most eastern port. Use 3 copies of inward cargo manifest. If at International Falls,MN and west use at least 2 copies

||','''|''''''\__ ,___
| Trucker_Don | | | ||__|'__|___| |()))))))))))))))))
['''(@)'(@)"""''|(@)(@)

Catch me on the Road--or
-- on the Net
[email protected]