How To Move Your Business Ahead by Leaving Your Self Behind

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Great read for new expediters...

How To Move Your Business Ahead by Leaving Your Self Behind

You are a self-employed expediter. When something bad happens, does it happen to you, your business or both? While the same negative event can happen to two expediters, the one who treats it as a business event is more likely to move on and prosper, while the one who takes it personally is more likely to stay stuck.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
These years in my world of swimming with the tuna....school is always in...:)

I've seen so many take it personal....every excuse in the book....you've all heard them...

Dispatch is loading around me
some are getting preferred treatment
They are Dispatchers pet...and on and on....Once in this frame of mind, They are stuck and most fail from this point on....

The pendulum of life is in perpetual movement....some fall off and that is life...not everyone can hold on....it is unrelenting it just keeps coming at you.....how you deal with it is your measure of a businessman and person.....

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Good article, nicely written, point well made. As someone well used to the road and working independently for others, but very new to expediting, I found this piece helpful. I'm sure I'll remember it from time to time when doing a self-check...am I making this personal, or is there something I can learn here?