How to get your cargo or sprinter van inspected

Mer78

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Has anyone encountered the issue where a broker refuses to enroll you on their platform and provide a carrier package due to the absence of vehicles listed on your SAFER profile on the FMCSA website? It is not obligatory for a sprinter van or cargo van owner to undergo vehicle inspections if they weigh under 10,000 pounds. I believe the FMCSA should address this issue, as it is illogical to possess authority without displaying any vehicles on the SAFER profile. Has anyone experienced brokers emailing you during load bidding, stating they cannot sign you up because your SAFER profile shows no vehicles? I've encountered this problem multiple times with different brokers while attempting to bid on a load. I tried explaining that I operate in the expediting industry, and according to the FMCSA, vehicle inspection is not mandatory for sprinter van or cargo van owner-operators or fleet owners with equipment under 10,000 pounds. Consequently, you will exhibit zero vehicles on your SAFER profile. There needs to be transparency between carriers and brokers when dealing with this situation. Hopefully, someone can provide insights into this matter. Feel free to reach out; this issue definitely requires resolution.

Matthew Ruiz (Owner)
M.E.R.Transport.com
407-233-7171

Screenshot_20240127-043013.png

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Has anyone encountered the issue where a broker refuses to enroll you on their platform and provide a carrier package due to the absence of vehicles listed on your SAFER profile on the FMCSA website? It is not obligatory for a sprinter van or cargo van owner to undergo vehicle inspections if they weigh under 10,000 pounds. I believe the FMCSA should address this issue, as it is illogical to possess authority without displaying any vehicles on the SAFER profile. Has anyone experienced brokers emailing you during load bidding, stating they cannot sign you up because your SAFER profile shows no vehicles? I've encountered this problem multiple times with different brokers while attempting to bid on a load. I tried explaining that I operate in the expediting industry, and according to the FMCSA, vehicle inspection is not mandatory for sprinter van or cargo van owner-operators or fleet owners with equipment under 10,000 pounds. Consequently, you will exhibit zero vehicles on your SAFER profile. There needs to be transparency between carriers and brokers when dealing with this situation. Hopefully, someone can provide insights into this matter. Feel free to reach out; this issue definitely requires resolution.

Matthew Ruiz (Owner)
M.E.R.Transport.com
407-233-7171

View attachment 23570
:p
I'm laughing WITH you not AT you

Forget the brokers. Even when your MC/DOT ages out at 3 yrs, this alone will cause a huge number to ignore you

Save yourself some hassle and find a forwarder, or call the larger brokers individually until you get someone who specializes in under 10k loads

After 18 years I still don't have my DOT and I'm there 150 times a year

FMCSA has no authority to regulate vehicles under 10k. This is straight from the FMCSA itself

Don't blame the brokers, at all levels and all size of companies there is fraud going on and this is one way to "verify" by inspections