How to get stuff while on the road....

Hightech_Hobo

Expert Expediter
Last trip out I dead headed from Panama city to Atlanta, GA as I always do to start my trip and pulled into the Pilot in Newnan, GA to fuel up. I get out of the truck and reach into my pocket for my wallet and "Oh No!!!!!" empy pocket!!...Left the wallet on the dresser at the house....After the initial panic attach a few deep breaths reason came back(slowely...)....

Do i drive back to pc at 3 bucks+ p/gal and 6 hour drive? will the wife bring it up(ha, ha, ha,...)...always fedex/ups next day....hmmmmmmmm

By jove i've got it!! Greyhound!!...a few calls..(@ 2:30 am) and i have the delivery location 12 miles away and it will be there the next day by 6pm....

I lost a day but got the wallet and that trip ended up being my most profitable 3 weeks out since i started this business...

It struck me that this might be a good way to get things i order on the net to me while still on the road...and my mail..or whatever i have in the past had to wait till i got home to get...

The three week trips stuff can usually wait for me to get home..but lateley i'll stay out 3 to 7 weeks at a time and usually something needs attended to by that time..(or i really want that new data cable i ordered for the new cell phone) and this seems to be a good solution as it can catch up to me on the 32 hour hold overs

Broom pilot told me i ought to share this idea with y'all so here it is....

HT_Hobo

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Sounds like a good idea.This way you don't need a ship to adress.I guess you just go to the Greyhound terminal,but what about ID to get your wallet??

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Rich

The person shipping the package on the other end decides what the receiving party needs to retrieve the package, as what to use for ID.

In other words, if I ship to you and tell them you will not have ID but will have a password. They write down the password and you must know it or your out of luck. We use GH all the time for long distance deliveries. It works well, for us.