how to get started in the bizz

Rayjay

Seasoned Expediter
hi im considering getting in to the expedited biz,i hope u can help.i have a class B but no over the road exp but i have been driving trucks for 5 years.can u tell me the best way to get started in the biz and what company can help me? also is it better to drive team or solo?one more how much can i expect to make$$$$ as a fleet driver and as a o/o driver?

Thank you for your time

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
A lot of questions will be answered in the Newbie FAQ section . Check the archives for the solo vs team issue but most agree the only worthwhile team setup is husband and wife . A truck will not support 2 households . The standard arrangement for fleet drivers is a 60/40 split . Driver gets 60% but pays for the fuel . It is highly recommended starting out working for a fleet owner before deciding to buy a truck .

Rayjay

Seasoned Expediter
HI im thinking of getting in to the bizz,but have no over the road exp but i do have a class b i been driving trucks for 5 years just not over the road.is it better to run team or solo?what are some good company to start with as a fleet driver?what are some things i should be asking when i call a recruiter? thanks.................

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
RayJay;

I think it is important to look at driving for, and applying to a few of the expedite companies. Do your homework on the companies just as you would if you were an owner-operator. Look at everything about the companies and find the one that suits you best.

By applying to a few companies prior to finding a home, you will speed the process by either being qualified, or not qualified at those companies. You can then choose which is the best fit for you, then work with potential fleet owners to find the best fit there.

Good Luck.

Thanks,

HotFr8Recruiter :+