HOW TO GET AN OLDER TRUCK LEASED ON WITH ANYONE

nx250

Expert Expediter
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW, TO GET AN OLDER TRUCK SIGHNED ON WITH ANYONE. IM INTERESTED IN BUYING A TRUCK, BUT AS WE ALL KNOW ITS EXTREMELY SLOW AND WHO WANTS A PAYMENT. I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP MY COST TO A MINIMUM. SO HOW DOYOU GET A 94, 95, OR 96 LEASED ON. WE ALL KNOW WHEN THERE BUSY THELL TAKE ANYTHING THEY CAN GET.BUT MOST IMPORTANT IS I DONT WANT TO BE LEASED ON FOR A SMALL TIME PEROID BUT CONTINOUSLY LEASED ON. THOUGHTS ANYONE.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
RE: HOW TO GET AN OLDER

This is easy- just pick up the phone and call the places you are interested in leasing to. Many, though mainly the smaller expedite co.'s will have no problems leasing on an older unit as long as it is reliable and looks half way decent. My father leased his '95 FL70 on with Allstate recently.
-Weave-

truckercop

Expert Expediter
RE: HOW TO GET AN OLDER

Something to keep in mind before you buy; the class 8 trucks have a longer life spand. Therefore the expedite companys allow you to keep one leased on for longer periods of time. I believe that the standard for class 7 is around five (5) years and the standard for class 8 is eight (8) years, sometimes extendable up to 10 years with an inspection from the company.

Good luck...