how to be an expediting sucess...

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I received some feedback from my post "first rate info". Some pro,some con. I was even accused of beating the company drum. First let me say that i´m a trucker, not a writer. What i was trying to say, was that if all of us got on here, and told the straight story and mentioned the companies we were talking about, then, perhaps that information will lead to a better investigation of our next lease. After all, as i said, we ALL lease to the SAME companies. Example: I have heard so many negatives lately about fed ex on this forum, that i think there must be something to it, not just a bunch of complainers. That may or may not be the case. It´s still up to me to decide. I still stand by my position, that if you don´t like it where you are..LEAVE! We all have those horror stories. I would like to hear from others out there, who are interested in a first rate exchange of info. Post it on here, so others can read it, or email me. Would also like to hear opinions from others within companies, in this industry. I have read, on this forum; some good opinions, from some sharp people. I know what i´m looking for. What most of us are looking for. I want to be leased to a company where i can make a good living. A company where if you have a legitimate complaint, it will be heard, addressed, or explained. A company that returns the respect you give to them. Most of all a company who is interested in MY success, as much as I am interested in thiers. How about you?

Dkalasz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
well I have never worked for fedex but i did get ther recruiting literature.. lets just say what the recuter told me on the phone should have tiped me off <short history i have been running a local pu/del co for 3 yrs and now i drive as an independant> anyway she said i will send you the info if you still have an interest after you read it call me... all i can say is OMG how do they get people to run for them rates?? and the discount rates terrified me.. and then the escrows the satalite fees ect ect..to top it off with the simple fact that they seems to be no busier than i am just paid less.. now i do have to wait 45 days for most of my customers to pay me..so that is an advantage to working with a company..

anyway my point is everyone i have looked at seems to underpay badly i cant imagine running a b unit for less than a buck a mile and i usually try to get at least a 1.30 along with a floating fuel surcharge that i have with my customers

IcePrincess25

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I believe the reason most people don't leave when they are with a company is because of the start up costs involved. Granted most take it out your check, but paying $190.00 for C-link, and $100.00 for sign, there is $290.00 out the window right away. Plus you add escrow, that can run anywhere from $425.00 to $900.00 depending on the company. Its a matter of going through another orientation, which is 2-3 days, the cost to go there, plus all the start up costs, a lot of people will suffer before doing all this. Plus you really have no clue, except promises they make or hearsay of how that company will treat you, load volume etc. Expediting is a touch and go business, that is not always fair. I want the same as everyone else probably, to get treated decent. I feel bad for all the new recruits going to any company that have not been in this business before, sad part is you can research a company all you want before you do sign on, and after you really have to pray that you made the right choice, or do like a lot of people, and tough it out for all the wrong reasons. As far as being a success at it, good luck, and I hope the load gods smile on you.