How much is too much?

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
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x( :( }> :) OH I WANTED TO MENTION THAT WHEN PLANNING A RUN I OFTEN CHECK OUT THE CURRENT FUEL PRICES BY GOING TOO---www.pilottravelcenters.com/fuelpricing/fuelpricing.asp EVEN IF YOU DON'T USE PILOT IT GIVES YOU A GOOD IDEA OF WHAT PRICES ARE IN THAT GIVEN AREA. SOMETIMES I'LL JUST TOP OFF BEFORE GETTING INTO THE HIGHER PRICED AREA! LATER:)

Lostmarbles

Expert Expediter
Well my contract says the customer pays for any fuel cost over $ 1.41/gal. I've been hauling for plastic pellets BP Amoco for a month now and they are getting pzzed! They billed back their American owned customer in Mexico I deliever to and they are REAL PZZED! So once enough Big companies get the cost taken out of their share then the price will go down. OPEC has not changed their output its just the companies are chargeing back the costs they lost because of ENRON's goof up.
THANK YOU STUPID Jr. and V.P. Enron lobbist! Best pair oil money could have bought.

Life is what happens to you while your busy makeing other plans.

Brandy

Expert Expediter
$1.75 is my cut off limit, with freight being as slow as it is right now I can't afford to pay those high prices and still make a profit. I'm in this business for the long run but if Old Man Winter keeps freezing my A-- off,and those fuel prices keep emptying my wallet then I'm gonna have to throw in the towel and get a real job. I hate a regular 9to5 so I have no other choice but to take it up the A-- and try and walk as if I'm not getting the shaft

Sean

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well, let me enlighten you: the entire administration comes from the oil industry! Bush,Cheney,Condoleeza Rice,Wolfowitz...all birds(hawks) of a feather banded together to pick our pockets. The immediate reason for the oil spike as economists explain, is 1)lockout of Venezuela oil workers-now 2 months; 2)war fears and Bush/oil co's will not release any SPR supplies; 3)combined with colder weather and rise in heating oil.
Personally, I was $300 over budget on diesel in Jan, and will be worse in Feb, combining less work & equal or more miles. Fuel was costing appr. .11/mile, and now may be close to .15 or higher. Not sure if I can take more than $2 gal. for D unit.x(