How miles will a Sprinter last???

merkurfan

Expert Expediter
300,000 (or roughly) on a sprinter and going strong? That is good to hear. But for that one, we have a driver that has one with 215 on it. It's on it's third engine. Burned a piston at 75,000, burned another at 151,000 and just locked up at 210,000. Thankfully for the driver Dodge/Frightliner has replaced the first two under warranty and disounted the 3rd...

I'll keep running my trusted 7.3 power stroke for now and let you guys beta test the sprinters. The room in them sure is nice but I am not sure about the problems that go with them yet.

TDIdriver

Expert Expediter
The new 6.0 Powerstroke has not been a reliable engine since it's introduction. It seems like they reflash the everyother month. The latest recall is for torqueshit transmission.

merkurfan

Expert Expediter
Yup, that is why I bought one with a 7.3.. The new emssions stuff is really proven tricky for both MB and International. I tend to wait at least 2 years after the "bugs" have been worked out of something before I buy one.

TDIdriver

Expert Expediter
> The new emssions stuff is really proven tricky for both MB and International.The new emssions stuff is really proven tricky for both MB and International.

Wait til 2007 when EPA teir2 emissions come out. I heard a lot big trucking companys are trying to buy all out model year 2005 and 2006 trucks.

gojack

Expert Expediter
Add Honda to that list
my wifes Oddessy has had EGR issues

>Yup, that is why I bought one with a 7.3.. The new emssions
>stuff is really proven tricky for both MB and International.
>I tend to wait at least 2 years after the "bugs" have been
>worked out of something before I buy one.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Where can we see it?

Leo
truck 4958

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

lap2

Expert Expediter
That is a second level Bentz sleeper set-up for Sprinters. Cabinets along roof line are alumninum covered with vinal.There is also a TV shelf across from the foldup bed. "easier to get forgiveness than permission"

gojack

Expert Expediter
Went in for a oil change
talking to mechanic
asked if he had heard of any
blown sprinter engines.

He said he had heard of a couple
not seen any himself

Problem on the engines?
filling up with gasoline

Now THAT would be embarrassing!

Dave