How many stopped driving only to come back out again?

dolphin

Seasoned Expediter
I drove for 15 years(trade shows) and then decided to sell my Company in 2004. I thought I would love being in an office and home very day. I run a PC shop in Europe last six years and can say I hate it! It does not help I am on a small island 15 KM long. I went from driving cross country(About-35 trips per year) to being trapped on an island. I feel like I am on the TV Series "LOST" LOL.

Been here 8 years and coming back in May(1st time back) and can't wait to drive on Highway. I will be in Md, Oh, Mi, Ill, Pa in twelve days. I will also go to Expeditors Seminar in Monroe. I was brought up doing these trade shows from a child(not always driving lol) and I guess its hard to get that out of your system!

I wish I just had more time to do a west coast trip:)

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
I drove for almost 4 yrs. Mostly in a str8t, a few months in a van. I had to quit driving for medical reasons. I'd go back to it in a split second if I could. Once it's in your blood you never get it out. When your an expediter, no matter what type vehicle you drive, your part of ''the family''.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I drove for a few years then I had an accident and had to wait for a little while before I could get back out on the road. I did the cubicle thing for over a year and felt like brushing my teeth with a loaded shotgun every day. I love being on the open road again.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

dolphin

Seasoned Expediter
I drove for a few years then I had an accident and had to wait for a little while before I could get back out on the road. I did the cubicle thing for over a year and felt like brushing my teeth with a loaded shotgun every day. I love being on the open road again.

When I stopped I did it mostly because I missed my young children. Now I feel like you about the cubicle. Didn't really think about it when I left, but even though it may be tiring with problems and not alot of money I really miss it. Just the freedom of being out on the road is what I miss most. In Chicago one night then in Orlando the next. I cant wait to get started! LOL

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Good luck in your future adventures. We have no kids yet but I believe I am a better husband now than when I worked in a cubicle. My wife is with me and any friction is minimal because I am happy driving and she gets to see the country. I think guys that are out on the road can be better fathers as well if home time is used well.