How many miles on your Sprinter?

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can truthfully say it now, got you beat, and mileage, I'm sitting at 606,000. And the old girls gave me and Kamal no problems other than a heater blower motor , tensioner pulley ,and a windshield wiper arm , and windshield wiper transmission assembly

GOD I LOVE MY SPRINTER!!!!!!!!

JOE

Sent from my QMV7A using EO Forums mobile app

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
434K on mine as of right now.. Transmission last year, rear rebuilt last year and I'm replacing engine, reason comes down to a feeling that something isn't right with the thing.. Between a oil leak that just started I was using 3qts of oil in-between oil changes.. last year it was 1qt now 3 therefore, something is going on inside of the motor and I just as soon change it before something goes boom in the middle of nowhere.

Reactions: Windsor

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
335000 on my 08. Would love to get 600000 but don't think it will happen. Had to do a timing chain at 190000. This thing was abused before I got it. Have had to replace trans and both axles already. Got a lot of play in the rear end also. That's next I guess.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
434K on mine as of right now.. Transmission last year, rear rebuilt last year and I'm replacing engine, reason comes down to a feeling that something isn't right with the thing.. Between a oil leak that just started I was using 3qts of oil in-between oil changes.. last year it was 1qt now 3 therefore, something is going on inside of the motor and I just as soon change it before something goes boom in the middle of nowhere.
What did it cost to replace your rear end? I just need to order the parts. I have a neighbor that can help me with the labor. He's an awsome shade tree mechanic. I'm lucky

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
Transmission replaced, high pressure fuel injector pump and fuel rail. Less heavy are one fuel injector, radiator, AC condenser & compressor, auxiliary fan, 3 water pumps, all pulleys, harmonic balancer, belt tensioner (so.many.belt.tensioners) power steering pump, alternator, wheel bearings, brakes, shocks & struts, clockspring, EGR valve, brakes, tires, headlamps, battery.
Thanks for reminding me. I'm way past do on replacing my belt and pulleys. Got around 150000 on these ones. I'm going to the rock auto site right now to place an order.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
Greeting:I had 2 so far the 1st was an 2004 I got 350K before I pumped water mixed fuel in at the Fling J in B'ham,Al.Replaced engine with a rebuilt one,cost appox $9K.Then trany when out Wis.,rebuilted one cost $2800.Finny at 550K drop a piston.Sold it for parts, how ever a spotted it again in Houston Tx 6 months later beening driven my a newbie from Bolt.Got a 2011, 28 months ago I got 260K on it,the reason I'm telling you this is its in the shop having the DPF replaced.What a nitemare,it took we 12 days to get home after visting 3 different dealers from.All with the help from M/B Customer Service getting me the appt at each dealer.One dealer wanted me to wait 10 days before they could see it.I played every card I had to get it home to my dealer before forking out the bucks.Thank you M/B Customer service.When Dodge had it they jacked me around doing work and telling things I needed that I didnt need.I wouldn't got this one if I had to deal with Dodge.My current Sprinter I love it I plan to get a millon miles out of it like the saleman, told I could.LOL What do they say about there lips moving..........Go get you one and happy truckin.
When my dpf clogged 2 yrs ago i limp moded home and punched mine out myself in my driveway. I didn't have the extra money to buy a new one.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
2011 - 2500 170" ext. - 310K mi.
Glow Plugs, Alternator, Front Struts, Transmission Fluid, NOx Sensor, Oxygen Sensor, DPF Sensor, Brake Pads around 200K.
- Wayne Rodd or I buy the Parts online and he installs. He and Shelly are the Best...big plus, they love my dog and she loves them! Lol
I just change my own Filters I buy Online and Oil here at home. Got to avoid the $130 per hour Shops. Ridiculous Gouging (my opinion). Light bulbs are easy except for those darn front turn signal bulbs! Michelin Tires purchased at Discount Tire (best price I could find with free rotation/balance every 6-7K). Guaranteed for 70K but mine last between 100-130K...I won't take any chances and like having decent tread depth. Tires, Oil/OilFilter and Fuel Filter are #1 on my list. Always top off my DEF Monthly at the Pump.

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Update.. I'm on my third by 2011 was a drain on the pocket if the check lite was not on it means the engine was off. $6800 last year in shop time and parts. Currently go 2014 got sept last year 81k on the clock.love it best one yet. Hate to throw good money after bad .

ysracer

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
2006 T1N
733,350 currently
- New transmission @ 550k
- New Detroit Diesel reman engine @ 600k
- P.O.S. Detroit Diesel reman engine replaced @ 620k due to extreme oil consumption and blown head gasket. Bastages at Chrysler would not pay labor for second replacement.
-New driveshaft @ 650k
-P.O.S. Detroit Diesel reman engine #2 was built with a used crankshaft damper pulley that failed @ 660k. Surprise, surprise... Chrysler would not pay for replacement. No surprise, then, that I do not see a Promasturbator in my future...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    777.6 KB · Views: 28

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
I go by the rule "looks like I need new tires and winter is coming" I don't need to measure tread depth.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What did it cost to replace your rear end? I just need to order the parts. I have a neighbor that can help me with the labor. He's an awsome shade tree mechanic. I'm lucky

dodge dealer in McKinney did it was a grand cheaper then freightliner dealer in Dallas. Cost was 1997.00 for the rebuild.

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Be a Boy Scout,carry a new fan belt,belt tension pulley,two guild pulley, some H7's low beam,tranny dip stick.If go to the dealer for the check engine lite reading make them give you the print out on the faults codes,you paying for it. If you have to go to the dealer for repair a tube of K Y for driver comfort.

Last edited:
Reactions: Windsor

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Be a Boy Scout,carry a new fan belt,belt tension pulley,two guild pulley, some H7's low beam,tranny dip stick.If go to the dealer for the check engine lite reading make them give you the print out on the faults codes,you paying for it. If you have to go to the dealer for repair a tube of K Y for driver comfort.
Have everything except the dip stick.....if you do your changes on time there is no need for one really....code reader i go to Auto Zone for a minor read and they print off errors FREE....