How is the new rate working for you?

aileron

Expert Expediter
B unit drivers, how does the new rate work for you? Have you had more offers than before the rate change? What are you doing with the short loads (>75 miles)? Any other comments about the new rate?
Thanks.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
aileron,

How is going for you? I have talked to few vans and they say they are running about the same as before. I imagine it will take a bit for the new rate to take affect with the customers.

I have not heard of any one running a less then 75 have you been offered one?

aileron

Expert Expediter
aileron,

How is going for you? I have talked to few vans and they say they are running about the same as before. I imagine it will take a bit for the new rate to take affect with the customers.

I have not heard of any one running a less then 75 have you been offered one?

I am out of service right now since I took a vacation right after the new rate came in place. I only got a chance to do one load at this new rate. I will be back sometime next week, around the 28th of January.

aileron

Expert Expediter
Haha, not many people responded here, that means thy are busy driving. That is a good sign. ;)

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I run a "C" unit. I have noticed a increase of offers for "B" freight with high DH and low pay. The "B"s are obviously refusing a lot of loads.

OOIDA would be proud...."Just say NO to cheap freight.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I have gotten several Canada offers with very high deadhead... and when I checked the Express Centers, there were 4 or 5 vans there. One of them, they offered the same load to me 4 times, when there were a ton of vans in the area, and I was way down the list.. so I know everyone close was turning it down.

When the load is close to me, the new rate does ok.. but with long deadheads.. ie 100 or as high as 250 dh... that drops the rate way down... expecially considering bridge tolls, and probably deadheading back out of Canada this time of year.

I think they may have to come up with a higher surcharge to get people to go to Canada or something.

Dale

JoeyandJudy

Expert Expediter
I have been offered several loads with dh over 200+ miles on less than 75 loads. Have turned them all down because they usually pay less than $150. I'm down to 1 to 2 loads a week now because of the new pay system and I go home after every load too. Good thing my van is payed for or I'd be out on the road freezing in my van every night trying to make a living.

Joey

aileron

Expert Expediter
I run a "C" unit. I have noticed a increase of offers for "B" freight with high DH and low pay. The "B"s are obviously refusing a lot of loads.

OOIDA would be proud...."Just say NO to cheap freight.

Just curious, do they offer 'b' loads to 'c' units at .85 a mile?