How hard is it to put a Box Truck to work ?

beagle9

Seasoned Expediter
I am a truck driver currently, and I have all the certifications to haul HAZ-Mat etc. but someday I hope to get my own thing going. I have aquired recently a Box Truck that is a Nissan UD, and it has a 6 cyl. Diesel and automatic to boot. It is a solid truck, and does not leak, in fact it has low mileage for a truck like this, and it runs superb.
Looking to put it to work maybe, especially with my background experience, clean record, ability to pass any background screening, Haz-Mat and also Tank certified. I also have a great solid work history that is a plus in the game..

The nation needs individuals like me out there and working, as well as showing that capitalism does work, I mean that's if the right kinds of people are working in it and at it to make it work.

Let me know, upon how to go about getting my information into the right hands, in order to make someone a great contractor and worker in an independent and very affective way.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Beagle;

Give some more details - where are you based? Does the truck have a sleeper? What is the GVW, what is the empty weight? How long is the box? How do you run (limitations)?

Answering these questions may spark some interest.

Thanks,

HotFr8Recruiter

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The best thing to do is call recruiters at the companies that advertise here. They will know better than anyone else. Call multiples just because one says no or sounds like a great deal you want multiple choices.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
both of the above post are right on...call the recruiters and provide them with the info that Hotfr8 suggested you provide....

And if it is one of those used yellow rental vans, make sure you strip off alot of the unneed weight in the rear ie the big heavy step bumper and ramp and brackets....those trucks weight alot and alot of it can be taken off for one that is going to be used for expediting and will then give you more of the gvw that can be used for freight.....

Last edited: