How Easily a Virus Can Spread

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This video is from an old Mythbusters episode. This segment is one of the most eye-opening and disgusting things I've ever seen. I should have posted this a year ago, but I got distracted and forgot all about the episode.

Every time I let a receiver use my pen, as soon as I get back in the van the pen is wiped down with a sanitizing wipe and my hands get sanitized.

Reactions: RoadTime

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I used to buy a bag of cheap stick pens that only cost a dime or so each and kept one in my clipboard. If I had to let someone use a pen it would be that one and I wouldn't take it back from them. I'd just get a new one from the bag to replace it. That was just to avoid regular germs and cooties. I'd probably be sure to keep two of them in the clipboard now during pandemic games.

Reactions: Turtle and RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used to buy a bag of cheap stick pens that only cost a dime or so each and kept one in my clipboard. If I had to let someone use a pen it would be that one and I wouldn't take it back from them. I'd just get a new one from the bag to replace it. That was just to avoid regular germs and cooties. I'd probably be sure to keep two of them in the clipboard now during pandemic games.

I had my DOT physical on Monday. The office had two containers for clean and dirty pens to use. I thought that was a good idea, but I brought my own anyways

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Turtle

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Things that make me a germaphobe:
Shaking hands. Someone blowing out candles on a cake or talking close to food that is on a table ready to be served to others and me.
Always use my own pen. Avoid drinking communion wine at church from shared glass.
In the video, the fellow never used his arm or shoulder to wipe his nose instead he used very tiny amount of Kleenex he had.
Also, it is painful to see someone continuously use a handkerchief over and over again to wipe their nose and then stick it in their pocket only to reuse again a short time later.

Reactions: Turtle