How does pay work

Winsly

New Recruit
Researching
How do you guys get paid after you expedite the goods do the Brokers send you over a check or do you have to go to the offices and pick up a check is the office in the same location as the delivery or do they do direct deposit

Spedz13

Rookie Expediter
Driver
How do you guys get paid after you expedite the goods do the Brokers send you over a check or do you have to go to the offices and pick up a check is the office in the same location as the delivery or do they do direct deposit

Well it depends on how you do it.....I mean do you own the truck/van or do you lease it from a fleet owner.....If you lease the truck its normally a 60/40 split with FSC (Fuel Surcharge).....with so much upfront to pay for fuel/needs (for instance I get 30% of Linehaul plus FSC upfront and the other 30% comes to me via Direct deposit after my fleet owner is paid) but theres also a 40/60 plus FSC where you get your 40% in direct deposit and they pay for fuel.....Theres also variations to this (65/35 etc) but the majority is 60/40 + FSC (60% plus FSC going to the one who pays fuel)

As far as the owner version where u own and drive you get paid via direct deposit from the carrier your leased on too

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That’s if your broker of choice does pay you.
Being a rookie, go to work for a big name carrier.,
It improves the chances of getting paid.

Getting paid is nice.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I highly recommend Bolt for Newbies to learn the business.

That being said, when talking to recruiters take all the good stuff they say and cut your expectations in half, then take all the bad stuff and double it and you will be closer to reality.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
Almost any big name reputable broker will do direct deposit.

Are you talking about running for an owner or being an owner operator. Either way they should be doing direct deposit or I would question it.

O/o:
Line haul + fsc + bonuses (layover, hand unload, negotiated bonus etc) - fuel - maintenance and repair fund percentage - tax fund percentage - other business expenses (supplies, GPS, accountant or accounting software, etc) = what you'll actually make.

These next two are in general, different owners may tweak things slightly. For example some may give you 100% of detention and layovers. Others will keep everything at your percentage.

For fleet owner paying for fuel (60/40):
[(Line haul + fsc + bonuses) x .60] - fuel cost - tax fund - business expenses not covered by fleet owner

For fleet owner no expenses (40/60):
[(line haul + fsc + bonuses) x .4 ] - tax fund.

Keep in mind we have quite a good bit of tax deductions in this field.

Reactions: Compa and TeamHutch