How Do You Cope

franke

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just wondering how each of you occupy yourself between loads. For example; what do you do when your sitting at some truckstop waiting for a load offer.

Next question: Since truckstops give free showers for purchasing 50-gals of diesel. Do you find yourself paying for the showers, or do the truckstop clerk usualy give you a break and give ya' a free shower?

Finally: How come one never , or hardly ever, hears Expediters talking with each other on the CB-Radio....?

One doesn't hear the freindly chitter-chatter between two FEDEX or TRISTATERS as one does between class-8 drivers. Why Is That?

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
do like i do find a side line that you may work at while you
are waitting for that next load, i sell truck gensets for proheat
mary kay, shoes, laptop's, trucks,and grather info for future
use, and share it with other, which is a good way to meet other
people, put a money saving guide tograther and truck stop guide
have to bring that up to date, or have a hobby that you may work on, bird watching, bring a good book along or a big one no pictures etc.

Falconlady13

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
My husband and I drive for FedEx CC and we don't often even turn the CB on unless we are happening up on accidents or backups.Most of the drivers we talk to,we meet in expresscenters or sometimes at customers.I guess you could consider waving a form of communication and all of us do that.Besides who wants to listen to most of the trash that goes on over the CB anyway.
As for finding something to do while waiting for a load..I read alot and my husband watches TV or else putters around finding something else to shine on the truck..since I prepare most of our meals on the truck,we don't spend much time in t/s's and as for showers,we always have a free shower from either the Petro or the T/A...

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I sleep a lot and write long postings on this forum (sent via cellular modem.)
My truck holds 150 gallons of fuel so showers are free.
The big trucks outnumber us expediter units about 5000 to 1 so finding other expediters to talk to on the CB isn't that easy to do. I talk to big trucks quite a bit as most of them don't even realize I'm the expedite truck.