How did YOU do it?????

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-00 AT 10:59PM (GMT)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-00 AT 10:50 PM (GMT)[/font]

Need help again!!! Just returned home from my first few days out in my B unit and quickly realized the inadequacy of my sleeper. As far as room and comfort, I have plenty. I have a bulkhead between cargo and driving area which allowed me to have a 32 inch bed. It is made on a 1 inch steel tube frame, raised 16 inches to allow storage underneath. I removed the passenger seat to allow for easy access, and my wife made curtains for windsheild and side windows to allow complete privacy. My problem? Bored stiff. Without idleing all the time how much stuff can you run off auxiliary battery wihtout totally draining it? Right now, Qualcomm is only thing hooked up to it. Could I run a TV and VCR off that too? Small fridge or 12V cooler? Not having diesel, I don't want to idle all the time, of course I did this week with the heat!! I would appreciate any suggestions and would welcome any pictures emailed directly to [email protected]

Thanks again....

The Dreamer

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Dreamer,
You should use a inverter, 600 watts or more, an isolator switch in between the batteries. plus I also use a 6 plug surge potector to plug in the accessories and with it it does not drain as fast. Take the Qualcomm off of the aux bat and put it on the main battery and run the accessories off the aux.
I 0nly use a 300 watt inverter right know, i run a laptop, tv/vcr with a Dish satillite box and no problems yet, occasionally I take my cooler but it drains the battery a lot quicker when engine left off and only once had to get jumped. but i run my B unit all the time except when not in it. I have a diesel engine not gas