How can I make Windows Explorer's print larger?

vipra

Expert Expediter
I use my laptop about 5 feet away from me with an external keyboard and a mouse so my eyes don't get sore, but the print in Windows Explorer is too small at that distance and I can barely read it. I've clicked View, Text Size and set it on Largest, so I'm wondering if anyone knows another way that I can make the size even larger. I also use Mozilla's Firefox browser, and it's great because I just press 'Ctrl'and '+' simultaneously and the print gets huge. Unfortunately, I use some websites that require Explorer and don't allow Firefox. Help, please, thanks

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
RE: How can I make Windows Explorer's print larger

I have fought the same battle with no success so I only use it for the company website that has to have it. For everything else I use Netscape. You can make the text large enough for the guy 5 trucks down to read it. Good (better than I had) luck finding a solution with IE.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

klippencott

Expert Expediter

Here's something you can try if the text size is not large enough.

Out on your desktop, place the cusor on an empty spot and right click on the mouse or pad.
When the menu appears scroll down and select the properties option.
On the next screen select the "Settings" tab.
Toward the lower left of the screen in the resolution slide bar. Move it to the left to select a lower resolution which will also give you a larger text on the screen. Don't forget to click apply to see the new settings. You can undo the change the same way.

You will need to play with it to get the right balance of size and appearance.

Kathy

vipra

Expert Expediter

Thanks, Kathy- that works great. Unfortunately, the larger you make the print the blurrier it gets. Is there a way to make it large and clear? I'm surprised that Microsoft hasn't fixed this. With Mozilla's Firefox it stays clear no matter how big the print.

klippencott

Expert Expediter

It does get blurry that's why you have to try different setting. Bill Gates (Microsoft) has fixed very little along these lines. I'm not a Microsoft fan can you tell:)
Kathy