Hope this helps

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
I'm sure most of you have noticed the Fort Wayne truck stop has put up a fence and will soon charge for parking. x(

Being from Fort Wayne this really doesn't effect me much. But I thought I would give drivers a little advice.

Instead of bending over to these people who expect you to pay to park along with buying their overpriced garbage at the biggest example of highway robbery in northern Indiana there is a truckstop in Columbia city, Indiana approx. 18 miles from the Fort. It is called the Top Shelf truck stop.

Top shelf is on US highway 30 and Indiana route 9. It was recently remodeled within the last year. The food is CHEAP and very tasty!! With lots of daliy specials. They have clean restrooms and modern showers and a really nice drivers room. And a well stocked and resonable travel store. This place beats The Fort Wayne truckstop hands down.

Best part is it is within the FECC 25 mile requirement.

Also The North American Van Lines Headquarters on US 30 and Bremer Rd., 3 miles from the truck stop in FTW. All services are open to any trucker and have really cheap fuel and services (Compared to the ftw truckstop) Only problem here is there is no resturant just a fuel stop but they have snacks...etc.

I have no part in this and will make nothing from this just thought I would help out.

Bill

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
HEY WILD BILL! THANKS FOR THE INFO, I WENT PASS THERE THE OTHER DAY, DIDN'T HAVE TO STOP AT THE TIME BUT I'LL MAKE A MEMO ON THE OTHER TRUCK STOP JUST IN CASE! OH BY THE WAY WHAT DOES FECC 25 MILE REQUIREMENT MEAN? ANOTHER NEW TERM TOO ME! THANKS ALOT! AND BE SAFE OUT THERE. SHARP327:)

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
FdxCC wants trucks that are assigned to a city on a layover basis to be within 25 miles of that city. Sometimes it!s enforced,sometimes it!s not.Usually these days the truck that is closest to the shipper and can legally carry the freight gets the dispatch offer first. Bill thanks for that information,I was wondering where you have been,hope all is ok with you and Mike.

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
Hi Rich,

I have been around, just reading. You guys have covered the messages so well I haven't seen a need to put in my two cents...lol

Been running my wheels off a FECC, been real lucky. Hope everyone is well :D

Trucker Matt

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Bill, I believe that FedEx changed the 25 mile requirement to 50 miles recently in acknowledgement of the occcasional difficulty in finding safe and decent parking close to some of the express centers.

Either way I appreciate the heads up in charging for parking at the FTW Truckstop and the alternatives. Lots of nerve on their part, considering the poor quality of services there.

Matt

Sasquatch

Expert Expediter
HEY FLYING J/ T/A PETRO THERES A MARKET IN FORT WAYNE!!HELLO ARE WE REACHING>>>>>>>>>>>THERES MY 2 CENTS!!