hometime

truckwife

Expert Expediter
We live about 5 miles from I-40 in a town between Memphis and Nashville,TN.I was wondering how the freight was through this area in the expedited business?I want to make money,but also need hometime to spend with family.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Depending on what carrier you decided to lease with you could be home every weekend. I knew a driver out of Jackson, TN that ran for Roberts Express for 15 years. He was out 10 days and back home for 3-5 days -then back out again.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Running team with FedEx CC, my wife and I find ourselves going through your area a lot. As I think about it, I think it's fair to say we run through Tennessee at least as often as we run through any other state, except New York and New Jersey.

We don't have the same home time desires you do. We're in the process of selling our house (Minnesota) and moving into a tiny apartment because we spend most of our time on the road. We figure if we later found out we made a mistake and want to buy another house, the house will be in eastern Tennessee. There is no state income tax there and the freight lanes are great.