Hino 268

KFrazier

New Recruit
Driver
I have a 2016 Hino 268. Has anyone had any problems related to either water leaking from the windshield or water in the bulkhead thereby causing damage to some of the electrical wiring ?

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
Yes it is fairly common. They have an updated box cover with a one piece seal, also the top rh corner of the windshield is prone to leak and water goes down behind the junction box and runs under the carpet on the rh side. You can remove and replace the affected pins and not have to replace the entire harness. I would recommend having a dealer repair the wires as if it is not done correctly will cause you problems down the road. I would have the windshield removed and re-sealed. I have had no luck with attempting to seal the leak without removing the windshield. I would also remove the marker lights and re-seal them as well. The TSB is 14-025. If you call your local dealer and explain the situation they should be able to assist you. I attached a copy of the front page of the TSB with part numbers for the cover and wire repair kit. Let us know of you have any further question's and report back when fixed.

Attachments

• TSB-14-025%2011MY-14MY%20Junction%20Box%20Corrosion%20Due%20to%20Water%20Intrusion.pdf
    115.6 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: Yaazza