hino 268 code p242D

PaidPerMile

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
So the TECH noted 3rd temp sensor from downstream. Does anyone know its location on a 2011 268. I took it in some time ago and was the told temp sensor needed replacement and they said it was the one long that comes out the front assuming temp sensor 1? So I replaced it along with a 150k kit for the burner and igntrs along with another temp sensor that came with the kit which I think it was the 2nd one. So the engine code is for the 3rd one is that the one past the DPF filter? The only one I didn't replace? I replaced the two highlighted ones. So is temp3 out of the picture? Thanks

1654045851425.png

Last edited:

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
89425 is Burner inlet temp,
89429 is the Flame Temp
89429A is the burner outlet temp
The next temp sensor is the DPR Inlet
The one after that on the back of the DOC is the DPR outlet
Then the one under the passenger step is the SCR temp.
If you had an actual code that would be helpful. I listed them in the order of the exh flow. The picture above is of the burner and not the DPR. I rarely see issues with any of the temps sensors on these 11-14 trucks other than the flame temp sensor. The get hot, bent and break. Without a actual code it’s a guessing game IMHO. Can you get the exact wording of the code description or the code itself?

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
The flame temp sensor “comes out the front FYI”. The rh fender needs to be removed to get it out all the way. Maybe that helps?

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
Yes. Sorry I’m not sure how I completely over looked the P242D Code, as it is listed right in the title ‍♂️ That code is for the DOC Inlet temp sensor high. And yes that temp sensor pictured to the RH would be the DOC inlet temp sensor. I don’t have a part number, but I can get one tomorrow. I’ll get back to you with a #.

Reactions: PaidPerMile

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
Also is that a non genuine DPR? They usually do not have exposed welds and there should be a heat shield there. Just curious

Reactions: PaidPerMile

PaidPerMile

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Yes. Sorry I’m not sure how I completely over looked the P242D Code, as it is listed right in the title ‍♂️ That code is for the DOC Inlet temp sensor high. And yes that temp sensor pictured to the RH would be the DOC inlet temp sensor. I don’t have a part number, but I can get one tomorrow. I’ll get back to you with a #.
did u ever get a chance to get that p/n? I appreciate the help.. I think it may be the wires as it appears to have been twisted going in. I have not pulled it out yet to try to test but that's my next move before buyin a new one.

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
I posted the part number and the price last week above. Here it is again though 89425e0310

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
I wonder if the DPR pushed. Sometimes the DPR will push into the DOC. Have not seen it in a while, but it does happen. Genuine Hino DPR’s have a ring welded on the back, to prevent the DPR from pushing into the DOC. Hopefully it’s just a broken sensor ( never seen one break there without “assistance”) but If you can, try to get a look in there before you replace the sensor.

Reactions: greasytshirt

PaidPerMile

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
The old one did push out and it was a OE one but the sensor was re used so that makes sense, I know it pushed because the old one came with the truck in a box.

Reactions: Hino123