Hino 268 cab wire diagram?

Fox

Active Expediter
Researching
Hi all,
I am trying to install a dvr system in our truck. I want to make it switch to backup camera when reverse, so I am looking for the backup signal wire. I found the wire for turn signal, but I have trouble to find one for reverse. Anyone know where is the wire I could use?

Thank you very much.

Fox

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
Year???. I have no idea what a DVR system is. Where is the location on the vehicle you need the wire to be? In the cab?

Fox

Active Expediter
Researching
Yes, our truck is 2016.
The DVR is 4 channels security camera system. I put the system under the fuse box in cab.

This is below the fuse box. I found F01 is for turning light, the red wire is for left and right light, but I am not sure if any wire for backup light.
I tried Back Light fuse, but it got the voltage all the time when engine on.

Last edited:

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
So the short version, what you have tapped into there is the turn signal control module. The back up fuse in the cab powers the back up switch, the switch in turn closes the contact and sends power to the back up relay that is outside the cab, above the batteries in the external fuse box. From that relay the signal goes out to the chassis connector on the rh frame rail,then to b/u alarm and lights. When you remove the cover it will list the location of the relay in the external fuse box. I see nowhere in the schematic where the signal wire comes back into the cab. Your options are somewhat limited as you will have to get the signal from outside the cab, unless you can tap the signal off a the push pad and install a relay if it has a 3500 series Allison transmission with a push pad shifter.