High Pressure Truck Wash

Larry

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Some people say that I am all wet. Well, the other day they would have been correct. I stopped at the truck stop at Inkster & Ecorse Rd. outside of Detroit. I decided to wash the truck and drove through their high pressure wash. My CB cables run out both of my vent windows on the doors. Well - I came out with my left side soaked right down to my socks. The dash was soaked and the wipers shorted out. It took me two hours to pull the dash console and using and air compressor I was able to blow the water out of all the indicators. Even the speedometer and tach fogged up. Well, at least I know where all of the wind noise is coming from in my old FL-70. If you go through one of these washers, keep the towels handy.

Drive safe.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've got a single antenna cable coming through the passenger side vent window. I thought I had it set with a good drip loop but not good enough. It wasn't severe but I did get some water in during a Blue Beacon wash. After that I reran the cable putting a better drip loop into it.

Leo
truck 4958

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Those are great truck wash's if you wash once a week. Any longer of running and its a bad value. If you have any chrome wipe dry imm. I enjoy using them and the savings, only when the truck is not grimmey just dirty.

FlameMerc

Expert Expediter
Speaking of Truck Washes, I had mine done in Indy at the Flying J Exit 4, on 465, and it's the first one that I ever seen actually wash the box on my truck. All others I have had just power wash the box. They soaped it down and brush washed what they couldn't reach by hand. All of the rest was done by hand. Great Job for $40.00. Butch :D :D :D